Sarah Hunt is a Registered Dietitian at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Ms. Hunt has experience providing nutritional counselling in a variety of settings, including mental health, fertility, pregnancy, celiac disease, balanced eating, and pediatrics. She has a particular interest in eating disorders and digestive disorders such as irritable bowl syndrome (IBS).
Ms. Hunt completed her Bachelor of Applied Human Nutrition at the University of Guelph, during which time she completed an exchange at the University of Malta to study the practical application of the Mediterranean Diet. She went on to complete a Master of Applied Nutrition at the University of Guelph, followed by a Dietetic Internship in a variety of clinical areas. These included placements at a Step Forward Foundation in Quito, Ecuador working with children in the Indigenous community, and a placement at the Canadian Celiac Association.
Ms. Hunt is dedicated to helping her patients foster loving and respectful relationship with their bodies. She uses motivational interviewing, evidenced-based strategies, and CBT/DBT skills to educate her patients and help facilitate behaviour change. Each of her coaching sessions is tailored specifically to her patients’ needs, to ensure they leave feeling empowered.
When she’s not seeing patients, Ms. Hunt enjoys practicing yoga, aerial silks, and exploring Toronto’s amazing restaurants.
- Master of Applied Nutrition
- University of Guelph
- Bachelor of Applied Human Nutrition
- University of Guelph
- Shawna Malbourn’s ED for RD’s training
- Eating Disorder Training for Healthcare Professionals Part 2
- Body Brave’s Primary Care Providers ED Training Course
- Digestive Disorders & Eating Disorders: A Complicated Mix Marci RD Nutrition
- Eating Disorder Training for Healthcare Professionals Part 1
- Trauma Informed Care Certification – Alberta Health Services
- FODMAP and IBS Training for Dietitians – Monash University
- Food as Medicine: Fertility and Pregnancy – Monash University
- Indigenous Awareness & Sensitivity Training – Alberta Health Services
- Communication Basics for Telephone Interactions – Alberta Health Services
- Critical Care Nutrition Course - Dietitians of Canada
- Population and Public Health Needs Assessment Course - Dietitians of Canada
- Eating disorders
- Digestive disorders
- College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Dietitians of Canada