Simran Takhar, MD, is a Concierge Medicine Physician at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Dr. Takhar is dedicated to working with his patients to put their healthcare needs first, and enjoys building patient relationships that are free of barriers and time constraints. He has a particular interest in preventative care, musculoskeletal conditions, skin conditions and the management of chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
A passion for the field of medicine led Dr. Takhar to complete his Bachelor of Medical Sciences from the University of Western Ontario. He went on to obtain his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Ottawa before completing his Residency in Family Medicine at McMaster University. During this time, he acted as Chief of the Family Medicine Residency Program. He has completed additional certification training of Opiate Dependence Treatment with Methadone through the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH).
Active in the community, he is a board member and the Mental Health Team Lead for a Family Health Team. He has presented his research across North America and was awarded the McMaster Family Practice Best Quality Assurance Project award.
When he’s not treating patients, Dr. Takhar enjoys improving his golf game, playing basketball with colleagues and experiencing new cultures and food with his family.
- McMaster University
- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Ottawa
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences
- University of Western Ontario
- Opiate Dependence Treatment Methadone – Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Preventative care
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Skin conditions
- Chronic disease management
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)