Hannah Gatto is an Exercise Physiologist at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Ms. Gatto is passionate about working with her patients to develop evidence-based exercise programs to meet their health and wellness goals. She has a particular interest in chronic disease management and prevention, and mobility and resistance training.
Ms. Gatto obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology from York University before going on to complete her Masters in Kinesiology at the University of Toronto. She believes in a patients first approach to care and enjoys working as part of a multidisciplinary team of sports and rehabilitation providers.
Previously, Ms. Gatto held the role of health coach where she specialized in behaviour change through motivational interviewing. She is highly skilled at developing exercise classes and using goal setting tools to help manage a variety of health conditions. She also honed her skills at a cardiac rehabilitation centre where she worked one-on-one with stroke patients for a study comparing HITT and resistance training to moderate aerobic exercise and resistance training.
Passionate about the world of circus and dance, Ms. Gatto is a freelance circus artist and performs professionally as an aerialist and acrobat. She also acts as a coach for aerial arts in hoop, silks, trapeze and ground apparatuses.
When she’s not seeing patients, Ms. Gatto enjoys playing Dungeons and Dragons, hiking, reading fantasy and young adult fiction and playing video games.
- University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Arts
- York University
Kinesiology and health Sciences
North York, ON
- Master of Professional Kinesiology (MPK)
- Registered Kinesiologist
- Chronic disease management and prevention
- Mobility and resistance training
Awards & Honours
- Best Case Report, Dermatology Resident Research Day, University of Toronto
- Canadian Millennium Excellence Award Provincial Laureate
- Heart and Stroke Foundation John D. Schultz Science Student Scholarship
- Canada Millennium Foundation Millennium Grant
- Dr. Harry Lyman Hooker Scholarship
- McMaster University Senate Scholarship
- McMaster University Honours Scholarship
- College of Kinesiologists of Ontario