Danielle Mitchell is a Registered Nurse at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Ms. Mitchell has experience in a variety of clinical areas, including oncology, occupational health and safety, orthopaedics, dementia care, pre and postnatal care, and neurologic care. She has a strong interest in oncology, dermatology and cosmetics, primary care and sports medicine.
Ms. Mitchell first obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology and Physical Education from Wilfred Laurier University in Waterloo, before going on to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Nipissing University in North Bay. She has since completed certification in a wide variety of areas, including Indigenous Relationship and Cultural Safety, Harm reduction and Naloxone training, Nursing LGBTQ, P.I.E.C.E.S Geriatric Certification and De Souza Chemotherapy & Biotherapy.
Ms. Mitchell is passionate about the educational aspect of nursing. Currently she holds the role of Clinical Lab Instructor for students in the Personal Support Worker program at Humber College. In this role, she helps to educate students in an interactive based lab setting, provide academic counseling, and evaluate and assess coursework. Whether she is working in the classroom/lab or providing bedside nursing, she truly enjoys health promotion through the educational channel of patient care.
When she’s not treating patients, Ms. Mitchell enjoys spending time outdoors and playing beach volleyball, rugby, spike ball and cycling.
- Bachelor of Science
- Nipissing University
North Bay, ON
- Bachelor of Arts
- Wilfred Laurier
Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Indigenous Relationship and Cultural Safety Workshop
- U-First Certified: Alzheimer’s Society
- Harm reduction and Naloxone training
- Venipuncture I and II Workshop
- UHN Preceptor Development Workshop
- Nursing LGBTQ Workshop
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and CPR HCP
- P.I.E.C.E.S Geriatric Certificate Program
- De Souza Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Certified
- Dermatology and cosmetics
- Primary care
- Sports medicine
- Ontario Nurses' Association (ONA)
- Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)