Anil Maheshwari, MD, is an Executive Health Physician and Medical Director of the Weight and Lifestyle Management Program at Cleveland Clinic Canada. He is dual board certified in Family and Obesity Medicine and has over 20 years of experience as a primary care physician in both the US and Canadian healthcare systems. He is passionate about the role of lifestyle in the prevention and treatment of illnesses such as diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fatty liver, heart disease and sleep apnea.
Dr. Maheshwari is an Assistant Clinical Professor (Adjunct) at McMaster University. He is also a Peer Leader for OntarioMD, assisting physicians in the optimal use of technology in clinical care. He has served as Chief of Family Medicine at Cambridge Memorial Hospital and Lead Physician in a multi-disciplinary Family Health Team. He was a Henry Rutgers Scholar who double majored in biology and psychology in Rutgers University, graduating with an honors degree. He subsequently completed a Doctor of Medicine degree at New Jersey Medical School and a three year residency in Family Medicine at Mountainside Hospital in Montclair, New Jersey.
Dr. Maheshwari is an accomplished public speaker who has presented preventive medicine and health topics including weight loss at various healthcare organizations and corporations such as Panasonic. He has been featured as an expert on CBS and CP24 as well as on various radio stations and in a variety of newspapers including the NY Daily News and American Medical News.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Maheshwari enjoys running and photography.
- Hackensack UMC Mountainside
Montclair, New Jersey
- Doctor of Medicine
- UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School
Newark, New Jersey
- Bachelor of Arts
- Rutgers University
Biology/Psychology (Double Major)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Diplomate American Board of Family Medicine
- Diplomate American Board of Obesity Medicine
Awards and Honours
- Henry Rutgers Scholar - Rutgers University
- Honors Degree in Psychology
- Preventive medicine
- Weight loss medicine
- Technology and social media in healthcare
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Ontario Medical Association
- Canadian Medical Protective Association