George Wood is a Nurse Practitioner at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Mr. Wood has a particular interest in family medicine and enjoys providing care for people of all ages and backgrounds, for a wide array of clinical concerns. He has experience providing comprehensive care for a variety of populations, including disability, geriatric, chronic disease and palliative care patients with complex care needs.
Mr. Wood first obtained his Bachelor of Nursing from Magadan Regional College before going on to complete a Master of Science in Psychology. He further pursued his interest in medicine with a Master of Science as a Family Nurse Practitioner from the University of Northern British Columbia in Prince George, BC. Always looking to learn the latest in his field, Mr. Wood has obtained additional certification in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and myoActivation trigger point injections.
Mr. Wood has an experience as an Instructor for the Family Nurse Practitioner program at the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC). He regularly presents Team Based Care with Dr. Anthon Meyer, Clinical Associate Professor, UBC & UNBC, to internationally-educated family physicians (IMGs) taking an alternative pathway to licensure through The Practice Ready Assessment (PRA-BC) program at UBC.
When he’s not treating patients, Mr. Wood enjoys travelling, practicing Taoist qigong, and spending time with his family and friends.
- Master of Science
- University of Northern British Columbia
Family Nurse Practitioner
Prince George, BC
- Master of Science
- Northern International University
- Bachelor of Science
- Magadan Regional College
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- HCP-CPR with AED
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Registered Nurse Refresher Program Certificate
- myoActivation Trigger Point Injections Level 1
- Family medicine
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of BC (NNPBC)
- British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)