Dana Isenberg is a Registered Social Worker and therapist at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Ms. Isenberg has nine years of experience working in hospital settings. She has provided short-term counselling, resource navigation, and patient education to individuals, couples, and families facing complex health issues. Ms. Isenberg has worked in a variety of specialized clinics including multi-organ transplant, nephrology, headache, and sexual health clinics.
Ms. Isenberg holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Development Studies from the University of Guelph. She moved on to complete a Bachelor of Social Work at Lakehead University, followed by a Master of Social Work from the University of Toronto. Ms. Isenberg is also a trained yoga instructor.
Throughout her career, Ms. Isenberg has been dedicated to taking multiple professional development courses to strengthen her skills. Ms. Isenberg has engaged in ongoing learning with special topics such as trauma-informed social work practice, mindfulness-based interventions, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Ms. Isenberg emphasizes providing individualized care to patients. She draws on training from a wide variety of therapeutic modalities and tailors her approach to fit the unique needs of the patient. Ms. Isenberg values a trusting relationship with patients above all else.
When she’s not seeing clients, Ms. Isenberg enjoys swimming, being outdoors, watching movies, and spending time with friends and family.
Master of Social Work
University of Toronto
Bachelor of Social Work
Bachelor of Arts
University of Guelph
International Development Studies
Certifications and Professional Development Courses
- Brief Focused Counselling Skills - Strategies from Leading Frameworks, Crisis & Trauma Institute.
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy: Basics, University of Toronto Continuing Education.
- Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care, Scarborough Hospital General Site.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, Canadian Mental Health Association.
- Trauma and Social Work Practice Education Series, Women’s College Hospital.
- Cognitive Behavioural Theories and Clinical Social Work Practice, University of Toronto.
- Mindfulness for Social Work Practice, University of Toronto.
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification (Octopus Garden Holistic Yoga Centre).
- Acute and chronic health conditions.
- Life transitions.
- Grief and loss.
- Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Work (OCSWSSW).