Jo-Ann Deluca is a Registered Psychotherapist at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Ms. DeLuca has experience treating a wide range of issues, including anxiety and stress management, depression, mood disorders and emotion regulation, self-growth and self-esteem, trauma psychology and post-traumatic stress disorder. In addition, Ms. DeLuca has a strong corporate background, having spent over 20 years holding senior management positions in various industries.
Ms. DeLuca obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Concordia University in Quebec and her Master of Psychology from Adler Graduate Professional School in Toronto. She completed an internship at the Centre for Interpersonal Relationships and a second internship at the Toronto Poly Clinic, where she provided independent psychological evaluations and assessments for individuals who had been involved in motor vehicle accidents.
Ms. DeLuca is dedicated to lifelong learning, and has completed additional training in treatment methods such as solution-focused therapy, cognitive-behavioural therapy, trauma informed care, and integrative therapy. In her practice, she most commonly helps to manage and treat anxiety, stress, depression, mood, grief, trauma, workplace challenges and burn out.
She has a strong interest in positive psychology and the science of well-being in life and in the workplace. Additionally, she has an interest in trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and self and relationship challenges as a result of past trauma. She believes in the importance of providing integrative therapy and treatments based on individual patients’ needs and goals. Ms. DeLuca’s theoretical preference is modern psychodynamic, as she believes this approach leads to more permanent and meaningful change in patients’ lives.
When she’s not treating patients, Ms. DeLuca enjoys skiing, golfing, walking and spending time with her family at their home in Prince Edward County.
- Adler Professional Graduate School
- Bachelor of Arts
- Concordia University
- Positive psychology and the science of well-being in life and in the workplace
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Self and relationship challenges resulting from trauma
- Depression and mood
- Couples therapy
- Graduate Certificate in Multi-Modality Psychotherapy Techniques - Adler Graduation Professional School
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Certificate - Gottman Institute
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Ontario Psychological Association
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- American Psychological Association
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychologists (NASAP)