Iana Alcantara is a Registered Nurse at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Ms. Alcantara has experience providing nursing care for a wide variety of clinical areas, including general surgery, plastics, dermatology, geriatrics and inpatient rehabilitation. She has a strong interest in dermatology and perioperative nursing.
Ms. Alcantara completed her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Ryerson University in Toronto. She has since completed training and certification in Interprofessional Education (IPE), Gentle Persuasive Approaches in Dementia Care, Clinical Impact through Innovation, IV Therapy and Phlebotomy, and the Perioperative Postgraduate Program at Centennial College. She is dedicated to patient-centered care, and believes that collaboration, flexibility and teamwork are the keys for successfully providing the best care experience.
When she’s not seeing patients, Alcantara enjoys spending time with her family, being outdoors and practicing Muay Thai.
- Bachelor of Science
- Ryerson University
- Interprofessional Education (IPE) - Ryerson University
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches in Dementia Care eLearning Program
- Clinical Impact Through Innovation - Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- IV Therapy and Phlebotomy
- RN Perioperative Postgraduate Program - Centennial College
- Perioperative nursing
- Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA)
- Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Canadian Dermatology Nurses’ Association (CDNA)