Chiropractic is a non-invasive, hands-on treatment that focuses on the musculoskeletal system. At Cleveland Clinic Canada, Chiropractic care can help with sports-related and non-sports related pain and dysfunction as well as provide symptomatic relief for patients suffering from chronic conditions.
What Is a Chiropractor?
A Doctor of Chiropractic has studied for four years at an accredited chiropractic institution, receiving more than 4,200 hours of specialized clinical training.
Upon completion of this training, chiropractors possess the skills to develop a comprehensive treatment plan for patients and recommend therapeutic exercise and other non-invasive therapies. Chiropractors use hands-on techniques to treat and prevent disorders related to the spine, pelvis, nervous system and extremity joints.
What Do We treat?
- Co-existing medical constraints that involve myofascial tissue, tendons and ligaments, and neural tissue
- Muscle tightness or repetitive strain disorders (from sport or health conditions)
- Muscle or joint pain (such as neck, back, shoulders, elbows, hips, knees)
- Tension headaches
- Degenerative disc disease
- Repetitive strain injuries (Tennis/Golfer’s elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Acute/Chronic Tendonitis
- Muscle strains/Ligament sprains (i.e. ankle sprains, hamstring strains)
- Postural strain/muscular imbalances
- Whiplash and other MVA-related disorders
- Running injuries
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Piriformis syndrome and other nerve entrapments
- Osteoarthritis of the spine and extremities
- Many more
Our chiropractors encourage you to become an active participant in your recovery plan. We work closely with you to improve your ability to move as you recover from illness, disease, injury or long periods of inactivity.
Depending on your needs, treatment techniques alone or in combination may include:
- The Graston Technique® and the A.R.T. (Active Release Technique®), a non-invasive, highly effective, modern approach to healing. Graston Technique uses specially designed treatment instruments to improve improper musculoskeletal mechanics, isolate major and minor fibrotic changes and identify potential co-existing conditions.
- Joint manipulation with a multitude of other soft-tissue techniques. Our trained specialists evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves in a problem area, and then create a plan to reduce pain while your body heals naturally.
- Acupuncture. Chiropractors will use acupuncture needles to help alleviate pain and improve blood circulation to encourage the body's natural healing response. Acupuncture is successful in reducing stress, muscle tension and providing pain relief.
- Game Ready® MED4 Elite hot and cold compression system. A state of the art device that uses iceless cold, controllable heat, rapid contrast, and active compression therapies to reduce pain, control edema or swelling, encourage arterial blood flow, improve range of motion, and accelerate the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
Are You Covered?
Chiropractic care is not covered by OHIP, though may be partially or fully covered by extended health insurance plans. The coverage for each carrier is different; please check your plan to see what coverage is available for this type of service.
Chiropractic Articles From Our Team
Midtown (Sports Medicine Specialists)
View Other Sports Health Services:
- Athletic Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Pedorthic Foot Care
- Personal Training
- Running Program
- Shockwave Therapy
- Yoga Therapy
Cleveland Clinic Canada Downtown
181 Bay Street
Brookfield Place: 30th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2T3
Cleveland Clinic Canada Midtown
150 Eglinton Avenue East
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E8