Our comprehensive Executive Health program is tailored to the individual whose busy schedule demands a streamlined yet high-quality experience. The goals of our assessments are to reduce health risk factors and detect and treat diseases in their earliest stages, before major problems develop. We also emphasize the power of prevention through fitness, nutrition and psychological consultation.
We have transformed the traditional physical from a one-sided data-gathering exam into an integrated, collaborative, head-to-toe evaluation by top medical and wellness professionals. During your six-hour day of care, you will meet with various providers, including a physician, nurse, dietitian, exercise physiologist and psychologist.
Executive Health Program
Feel more confident with your health status and know the steps you need to take to achieve better health and wellness.Purchase Today
The day has been designed to provide you ample time with our physicians and wellness clinicians to encourage discussion and learning about your health. By the end of the day, you’ll feel more confident with your health status and know the action steps you need to take to achieve better health and wellness.
After your assessment, you will receive access to our online medical record portal – MyChart – where you will receive your detailed medical report from your Executive Health team. These will outline your current health status, as well as provide actionable recommendations to improve your health.
Throughout the year you are able to contact your nurse to ask any questions related to your assessment, as well as to book an Express Care appointment - virtually or in person- with our nurse practitioners if you aren’t feeling well. Our Express Care service addresses non-emergency medical issues that may arise during the year such as a sore throat, ear infection or common cold.
To Learn More
For more information, call 647.249.0483 or email [email protected].
The Cleveland Clinic Executive Health Physical program is also available in Florida and Ohio. For more information:
Day of Care
Your Executive Health Program begins when you schedule your appointment. To help us prepare for your time with us, you will receive a medical questionnaire to complete prior to your arrival. This is an important step because it provides valuable information to our medical team.
Prior to your assessment, you will complete a pre-visit call with an Executive Health nurse to review your medical history and help identify your goals to customize your day of care. On the day of care, your clinical team will customize your experience based on your health needs.
History and Physical
- A detailed medical history and evaluation, which provides an assessment of your overall physical health.
Comprehensive Laboratory Tests
- A complete blood count
- Urinalysis to detect problems such as diabetes and kidney disorders
- Blood tests to detect problems such as thyroid abnormalities, liver disease and diabetes
- PSA (prostate-specific antigen) blood test for males over 40 to detect levels of this prostate cancer marker
- Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and iron levels
- Adult vaccinations, reviewed and administered as needed
- Cardiac Stress Test: A treadmill exercise ECG test to screen for unrecognized coronary artery disease, high blood pressure (hypertension) and abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias). Includes Resting Electrocardiogram (ECG).
- VO2 max: A treadmill-based exercise test that provides an enhanced assessment of your cardiorespiratory function and your fitness level. OR
- Exercise Capacity Assessment: Our ECA was developed to provide patients with a more user friendly alternative to the Maximal VO2 Assessment (VO2 Max). Both assessments are similar in that they provide valuable information regarding exercise capacity and provide guidance for exercise prescription. Your exercise physiologist will customize either assessment by manipulating speed and incline (or resistance, if on the stationary bike) based on individual capabilities, heart rate response and subjective rate of perceived exertion. The VO2 Max requires the participant to wear a mask that measures maximal oxygen utilization during exercise, while the ECA is performed without a mask and assesses exercise capacity based on the combination of maximum participant speed and incline/resistance. In both cases, the participant has the ability to terminate the assessment at their discretion.
- Evidence-based screenings for breast, colon and cervical cancers as well as others if family history indicates.
- Visual Acuity Test: Visual screening.
- Tonometry: A check of pressure within the eye to screen for glaucoma.
- Audiogram: An evaluation of your hearing to screen for early signs of hearing loss.
- Spirometry: This breathing function test helps to detect emphysema, bronchitis, asthma and other lung problems.
Diagnostic Imaging (As clinically indicated)
- General x-ray: Depending on a patient’s need, x-rays may be ordered to evaluate bony structures. X-Rays are also commonly used to image certain degenerative diseases, including osteoarthritis.
- Chest x-ray: Depending on a patient’s need, a chest x-ray may be used to evaluate the lungs, heart and chest wall. This x-ray can be useful in the diagnosis of many medical conditions.
- Mammography: A low-dose x-ray examination of the breasts, used to aid in the diagnosis of breast diseases. Mammography can play a crucial role in early detection of breast cancer, since it may detect abnormalities before a patient presents with symptoms.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound imaging allows for an internal view of the organs, soft tissue and body cavities, without the use of invasive techniques.
- Bone Density Test: This enhanced form of x-ray technology is considered the gold standard for measuring bone mineral density (BMD). This test is used to diagnose osteoporosis and assess the future risk of fractures.
- Nutrition Consultation: A registered dietitian will provide nutritional recommendations and help you establish healthy eating habits that last a lifetime. Our registered dietitians translate cutting-edge, evidence-based scientific findings into real-life nutritional practice. They will assess your current eating habits and demonstrate the vital role diet plays in everything from disease prevention to optimizing your overall health and well-being. For a fee, patients may enroll in our nutritional genetics program.
- Movement & Performance Consultation: Our Movement & Performance team is dedicated to helping you improve your overall movement, function and well-being. Your consult will include a comprehensive review of your past and current physical, functional and metabolic levels. Using a multidisciplinary approach to care and exercise, the team will provide insight and guidance related to your health and fitness journey.
- Psychological Consultation: This confidential session encompasses a number of important health and lifestyle factors that contribute to overall life satisfaction and optimal functioning. This includes an assessment of key concerns, such as stress management, work-life balance, mood, anxiety, sleep, interpersonal functioning and substance abuse.
Same-Day Test Results
Your Executive Health physician will summarize the team’s findings, discuss your available lab test results and provide any recommendations for follow-up tests. If your physician identifies a potential or existing problem requiring further evaluation, we will coordinate appointments with the appropriate specialists for an in-depth assessment.
The Cleveland Clinic Canada Difference
- We are part of one of the largest and most respected not-for-profit health organizations in the world.
- Our program is comprehensive and includes a 6 hour, head-to-toe medical and wellness evaluation, personalized health recommendations to help you take charge of your health, and access to our Express Care service, run by our nurse practitioners, for 12 months.
- Our program is offered at one flat rate so that our patients receive the services that are necessary for them and are not charged for individual services.
- The patient experience is extremely important to us. Our Executive Health physicians limit the number of patients they see per day to ensure patients receive the time and attention they deserve.
- For convenience, we have 25 on-site specialists at our clinic. Specialty areas include cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, immunology, neurology, orthopaedics, otolaryngology, respirology, urology and sports medicine.
- Access to a global network of over 3,000 Cleveland Clinic physicians, surgeons and specialists.
- The ability to view your electronic medical records anywhere in the world through our secure online tool, MyChart.
“Taking time out from my busy schedule is not easy. My typical day is full of appointments and meetings – being organized and on time is critical to the success of my day. It was wonderful to see that Cleveland Clinic Canada is run the same way, starting on time and with a friendly hello. The appointments through the day were steady, efficient and supportive. I loved it! Spending the day at Cleveland Clinic Canada provided me with the time to focus on ‘me,’ a luxury that I realized is critical not only to my own health, but also to the health of my family and my business."
- Doris Valade
Cleveland Clinic Canada Downtown
181 Bay Street
Brookfield Place: 30th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2T3
Below is our Executive Health team. Additional specialists will be involved as required.
Executive Health Physician
Your Executive Health Physician will conduct your annual physical exam and discuss with you any medical concerns.
- Cathy J. Campbell, MD, BPE, MSc, CCFP, FCFP, Dip Sport Med. - Executive Health Physician
- Kiran Clair, MD, CCFP - Executive Health Physician
- Farzana Haq, MD, CCFP, MSc - Executive Health Physician
- Winnie Lee, MD, CCFP - Executive Health Physician
- Anil Maheshwari, MD, CCFP, DABFM, DABOM - Executive Health Physician
- Titilayo Olupona, MD, BSc(Hons), CCFP - Executive Health Physician
- Esther Sturm, MD, CCFP, MScCN, BScN - Executive Health Physician
- Michael Torigian, MD, BSc, DC, CCFP - Executive Health Physician
- Edward Wasser, MD, CCFP, DAAPM, DCAPM - Executive Health Physician
- Jeffrey Weinberg, MD, CCFP, CCFP(EM) - Executive Health Physician
A member of the cardiology team will perform the ECG (electrocardiogram) and stress test and the cardiologist will review test results.
- Gideon Cohen, MD, MSc, PhD, FRCSC - Cardiac Surgeon
- Syed Najib MD, FRCPC, FACC - Cardiologist
- Marita Dinos - ECG Technician
- Fabian Franco - Cardiology Technologist
- Mandy Garcha - Cardiology Technologist
You will also spend time with the following specialists during your Executive Health examination:
Executive Health Nursing Team
A member of our Executive Health nursing team will review your personalized family history, medications and immunizations and perform testing, including vision and hearing screenings and lung-function testing.
- Kristina Acimovic, RN - Executive Health Nurse
- Emilly Artmont, RPN - Executive Health Nurse
- Judy Bonto, RPN, BSc - Executive Health Nurse
- Vanessa Cattaruzza, RN, BScN - Executive Health Nurse
- Harnoor Dhillon, RN, BScN - Executive Health Nurse
- Joy D'Rozario, RN - Executive Health Nurse
- Rita Iartseva, RN, BScN - Executive Health Nurse
- Trish Knight-Latimer, RPN - Executive Health Nurse
- Sabrina MacEachern, RPN - Executive Health Nurse
- Breanna McCarthy-Hinds, RPN - Executive Health Nurse
- Danielle Mitchell, RN, BA, BScN - Executive Health Nurse
- Doris Romano, RN, RHN - Executive Health Nurse
- Danielle Sarra, RPN - Executive Health Nurse
- Samantha Salerno, RPN - Executive Health Nurse
- Amanda Vecchiola-Lista, RPN - Executive Health Nurse
- Shayla Watt, RN - Executive Health Nurse
Movement and Performance
An exercise physiologist will administer muscular fitness and flexibility tests, cardiovascular endurance assessments and provide counselling about exercise and physical activity specifically for your lifestyle.
- Lyanne Carruthers, BA, MFSc - Exercise Physiologist
- Katherine Dobrei, BA, MFSc - Exercise Physiologist
- Michelle Falzone, RKin, CEP - Exercise Physiologist
- Vesna Galenic, RKin- Exercise Physiologist
- Nadiya Mansuri, MFSc, HFFC-CEP - Exercise Physiologist
- Yushu Mao, BSc, MPK - Exercise Physiologist
- Jeff McAleer, BSc - Exercise Physiologist
- Mackenzie McLaughlin, PhD, CSEP-CEP, CSCS - Exercise Physiologist
- Griffin Nykor, BAKin, RKin, CPT, MSc(Candidate) - Exercise Physiologist
- Sarah Power, MFSc, MEd, HFFC-CEP - Exercise Physiologist
- Phil Wallace, MSc, CSEP-CEP, CSEP-HPS - Exercise Physiologist
- Oksana Wankiewicz, MPK, R.Kin - Exercise Physiologist
A Registered Dietitian will conduct a nutritional assessment and provide personalized counselling based on your dietary needs and habits.
- Stefanie Di Tella, RD, BScFN, MScFN - Registered Dietitian
- Landon Hong, MPH, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Eva Lee, BA, BSc, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Michelle Lee, RD, MScA, CDE - Registered Dietitian
- Devon Peart, RD, MHSc - Registered Dietitian
- Jaclyn Pritchard, BASc, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Danielle Sanders, RD, MSc - Registered Dietitian
- Elena Stoiko, BSc, RD - Registered Dietitian
A behavioural specialist will provide a comprehensive lifestyle assessment and personalized counselling for stress and behaviour management techniques.
- Jacqueline Brunshaw, PhD, CPsych - Registered Psychologist
- Zoe Bundas, MSW, RSW - Registered Social Worker
- Jo-Ann DeLuca, BA, MPsy - Registered Psychotherapist
- Natacha Duke (nee Wood), MA, RP - Registered Psychotherapist
- Joanne Kirzner, MSW, RSW - Registered Social Worker
- Alice Kusznir, MEd, BScOT, OT Reg(Ont) - Registered Psychotherapist
- Joyce Lai, PsyD, RP - Registered Psychotherapist
- Aaron Laye, MSW, RSW - Registered Social Worker
- Jeannine LeBouthillier, MA (Psych) - Registered Therapist
- Jodi Lubinsky, MSW, RSW - Registered Social Worker
- Lisa Santa-Maria Barbagallo, MA, CPsych - Registered Psychologist
- Maria Slutski, MA - Registered Psychotherapist
- Judith Trout, MSW, RSW - Registered Social Worker
Lab and Imaging
A radiology technician will perform scans for bone density, chest x-ray, mammography and abdominal ultrasound (as required). The results will be reviewed by our preferred radiology group. A phlebotomist will draw blood for testing and collect a urine sample.
- Taylor Dibbits, CAMRT - Medical Radiation Technologist
- Raché Dos Santos, MRT, CMRTO, CAMRT - Medical Radiation Technologist
- Mehdi Forouzanfar, RDMS, RVT - Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Anna Ciccarelli - Phlebotomist
- Hillary Yetman, MRT(R) - Medical Radiation Technologist
Our nurse practitioners are available throughout the year- in person at the clinic or virtually through Express Care Online—for any urgent care needs, such as a sore throat or ear infection.
- Lindsey Barrett, MN-NP, MAED/AET - Nurse Practitioner
- Najma Boomgaardt, PHC-NP, MScN, BScN - Nurse Practitioner
- Connie Castillo, RN(EC), MS - Nurse Practitioner
- Anra Clark, BScN, MN, NP - Nurse Practitioner
- Shirley Hiebert, NP, PhD - Nurse Practitioner
- Dominique Homza, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, CME - Nurse Practitioner
- Monica Kalar, RN, BN, MN(Nurse Practitioner) - Nurse Practitioner
- Krista King NP, MN - Nurse Practitioner
- Rolande Landry, NP - Nurse Practitioner
- Collette Melo, NP(F), DNP, MN-ANP, CCRN, CCN - Nurse Practitioner
- Sophia Naser, NP - Nurse Practitioner
- Nicole Niessner, RN(EC), NP, MScN - Nurse Practitioner
- Nicole Paulin, BSc, BScN, MN, NP - Nurse Practitioner
- Jennifer Post-Balfour, NP(F), RN, MN, CNCC(C) - Nurse Practitioner
- Benazir Siwjee, NP - Nurse Practitioner
- Kari Van Camp, DNP, RN(EC), CPMHN(C), CARN-AP, PMHS, CPNP-PC, FNP-BC - Nurse Practitioner
- George Wood, NP, MSc - Nurse Practitioner
- Priscille Yancich, ARNP, FNP-C - Nurse Practitioner
Virtual Health Assessment
At Cleveland Clinic Canada, we are dedicated to helping our patients stay healthy and well and we want to make it as easy as possible to do so.
Similar to our in-person assessment, your day of care will include consultations with an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and will be customized to your needs. We will review your current health status, discuss your challenges and goals and create a customized wellness plan so you can feel your best.
The virtual health assessment can help you:
- Understand your current state of health.
- Adapt to a new healthy routine – eating well and staying active.
- Strengthen your immune system.
- Manage stress, worry, fear, anxiety and/or depression.
- Support your family during the pandemic (parenting, aging parents).
- Stay informed with the latest COVID-19 developments from a global health leader.
Our virtual program is delivered in two stages.
Stage 1: Virtual Wellness
Just like our in-person Executive Health Program, this is a full day of care customized to your needs. It consists of:
- A pre-visit call with a nurse to review your medical questionnaire and identify your goals to tailor your day of care.
- Live one-on-one video sessions with your designated physician and wellness experts from our psychology, nutrition and exercise physiology teams.
- A virtual debrief with your entire clinical team and a personalized action plan. Referrals will be provided if clinically indicated.
Stage 2: In-Person Testing
This stage of the program wraps up your Virtual Executive Health Program assessment and will be completed when the clinic re-opens for in-person appointments. You will schedule a time to complete any clinically recommended testing, lab work and diagnostics.
How do I get started?
Don’t wait to feel your best. Simply email [email protected] or call 647.249.0483 to learn more.
Not Feeling Great?
As an Executive Health patient, you have the option to have your Cleveland Clinic Express Care® Online appointment in person or virtually with a Cleveland Clinic Canada healthcare expert.
What are the Benefits of Express Care?
Should a medical issue arise, such as a sore throat or ear infection, simply contact our clinic to schedule an appointment with a Nurse Practitioner. Plus, receive any necessary prescriptions from the pharmacy of your choice.
See a Nurse Practitioner by live video and get a diagnosis and prescription from your home or work using your smartphone, tablet or computer. Plus, receive any necessary prescriptions and referrals from the pharmacy of your choice. Your personal health information is safe and sound during your Express Care Online visit.
Our clinicians are available to see patients virtually 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (EST), 7 days a week.
Commonly Treated Conditions
In Canada, Cleveland Clinic Express Care® Online is the right choice for treating many typical issues including:
- Influenza (flu)
- Common cold
- Pink eye
- Low back pain
- Sore throats
- Painful urination
- Sinus infections
- Upper respiratory illness
- Yeast infections
- And non-emergency medical issues
How Do I Get Started?
For an in-person appointment, call 647.249.0483. For a virtual visit, simply download the Cleveland Clinic Express Care® Online app.
Healthy Employees Are Happy Employees
A company’s most valuable asset is its people. Employee wellness programs have been shown to increase productivity, reduce absenteeism, improve employee health and morale and improve a business’s overall culture and environment. Keep your employees healthy, productive and performing at their best with our Executive Health corporate program.
Our program includes a 6-hour, head-to-toe evaluation of your employees’ current health status along with 12 months of our urgent care service post-assessment (available in-clinic or virtually, in the comfort of their own home or office). After their assessment, they will feel more confident about their health status and know the action steps they need to take to age well and live better. Our Executive Health physicians limit the number of patients they see per day to ensure that all patients receive the time and attention they deserve. Your employees will also have access to a global network of over 3,000 Cleveland Clinic physicians, surgeons and specialists and the ability to view their electronic medical records anywhere in the world through our secure online tool.
To learn more about our corporate pricing, employee health benefits and all the ways we can help your company, contact Katrina Buhlman at 416.908.1015 or [email protected].