Karen Hewlett is a Registered Massage Therapist at Cleveland Clinic Canada.
Ms. Hewlett was first introduced to the world of massage when she received an injury while playing field hockey. She realized the healing power of massage therapy and was hooked. She went on to complete her training as a Registered Massage Therapist at the Sutherland-Chan School of Massage.
Ms. Hewlett specializes in myofascial work, is trained in NISA, and has completed courses in massage and cancer, and is a Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist (CPMT). She has trained in hospice work and has been involved with volunteering at SickKids Hospital in Oncology and the Palliative Department. She has a strong interest in holistic healing and the connection of body-mind-spirit and has done a lot of work in the area of spiritual healing.
Ms. Hewlett is active in the world of sports. She played field hockey at an elite level for about 20 years and was a member of the Ontario Field Hockey Team, a Member of the Canadian Field Hockey Team (World Cup Silver Medalists) and in 1984 she represented Canada at the Olympic Games in Los Angeles.
When she’s not seeing patients, she enjoys reading, watching movies, swimming, dancing, walking or relaxing.
- Sutherland-Chan School of Massage
- Toronto, ON
- Bachelor of Arts
- York University
Sociology and Health Studies
- North York, ON
- Sheridan College
- Toronto, ON
- Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist (CPMT)
- CIMT Certified Infant Massage Teacher
- Certified Paediatric Massage and Cancer Certificate
- Neuromuscular Integrative Structural Alignment Certification
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Certificate Course (MBSR), SickKids Hospital
- Myofascial work
- Sports massage
- Pediatric massage
- Infant massage
- PTSD & massage
- Cancer & massage
- Registered Massage Therapist Association of Ontario