Holly Wykes is a Registered Kinesiologist and Clinical Exercise Physiologist on our Movement and Performance team at Cleveland Clinic Canada.
Ms. Wykes is passionate about cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation as a key factor in living longer healthier lives. After graduating with both a Bachelor of Physical and Health Education (Kinesiology) and then a Bachelor of Education from the University of Toronto, she began her career in cardiovascular health as an Exercise Specialist at Women’s College Hospital. In this role, she delivered exercise programs to cardiac rehabilitation and primary prevention patients. After leaving Women’s College Hospital, Ms. Wykes worked within the University Health Network as a Registered Kinesiologist and Cardiac Rehab Supervisor in the Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation Program, conducting assessments and providing exercise prescriptions for patients and supporting the program with professional best practices and education resources. Within the organization, Ms. Wykes held secondments as a Service Coordinator, responsible for triaging incoming patient referrals to the appropriate rehab stream, and as Discipline Coordinator for Kinesiology, supporting research, education, and practice across the organization.
Dedicated to education and mentorship of kinesiology students, Ms. Wykes is a guest lecturer at the University of Western Ontario, the University of Waterloo, and the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Kinesiology. She has been honoured to present her research at conferences across Ontario.
When she’s not seeing patients, Ms. Wykes enjoys fitness classes, hiking, volunteer work, and spending time with her family.
Bachelor of Education
Physical and Health Education & Science: Biology
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
University of Toronto
Bachelor of Physical and Health Education (Kinesiology)
Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education
University of Toronto
- Wellspring Cancer Rehab Exercise Specialist.
- Wellcoaches certified professional.
- Bonefit Osteoporosis Exercise Specialist.
- Choices and Change certified.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation Level C CPR with AED Certification.
- Cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation.
- Women’s health, rehabilitation, and prevention.
- College of Kinesiologists of Ontario.
- Ontario Kinesiology Association.
- American College of Sports Medicine.
- Canadian Adult Congenital Heart Network.
- Canadian Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation.