Joanna Stevenson is a Nurse Practitioner at Cleveland Clinic Canada. In her decade of providing nursing care, Dr. Stevenson has worked in a wide range of clinical areas, including primary care, occupational health, geriatrics, and surgical care. She has a particular interest in maternity and women’s health.
Dr. Stevenson obtained her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the British Columbia Institute of Technology before going on to complete her Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Northern British Columbia. Her passion for nursing led her to pursue her Doctor of Nursing from Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA. During her studies, she focused on the use of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) to improve pain acceptance and quality of life for adults with chronic pain.
Dr. Stevenson works periodically as an adjunct faculty clinical instructor in the Master of Nursing – Nurse Practitioner program at the University of Victoria. She holds additional certification in and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. She is dedicated to helping her patients find solutions to their problems, most commonly providing care for dermatological issues, contraception management, mental health, and chronic conditions.
When she’s not seeing patients, Dr. Stevenson enjoys spending time with friends and family and learning to play the guitar.
- Doctor of Nursing
- Chatham University
- Master of Science
- University of Northern British Columbia
Prince George, BC
- Bachelor of Science
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Examination
- Women’s health
- British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of British Columbia
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Doctors of Nursing Practice
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Chi Zeta Chapter