Lukas Hestvik is a Nurse Practitioner at Cleveland Clinic Canada. In his nursing career, Mr. Hestvik has provided care in a variety of clinical areas, including primary care, acute care, cardiac care, and mental health and addictions. He is dedicated to decreasing barriers to primary care and encouraging health promotion and illness prevention.
Mr. Hestvik completed his Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Vancouver Island University. He went on to complete his Master of Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner at the University of British Columbia, followed by a Fellowship as an Addiction Nurse Practitioner at the British Columbia Centre on Substance Use. He has trained in numerous other clinical areas including HIV prevention and treatment, high acuity nursing, prescription and management of controlled drugs and substances, and opioid addiction treatment.
Practicing evidence-based medicine is one of Mr. Hestvik’s greatest interests. He also specializes in addiction medicine and feels passionately about normalizing these often difficult and challenging conversations, and letting his patients know that there is help and support available to them.
When he’s not seeing patients, Mr. Hestvik enjoys weight-lifting and spending time with his growing family.
- British Columbia Centre on Substance Use
Addiction Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Nursing
- University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Science
- Vancouver Island University
- Nurse Practitioner Training in HIV Prevention and Treatment
- High Acuity Nursing Specialty
- Prescription and Management of Controlled Drugs and Substances
- BCCSU Provincial Opioid Addiction Treatment Support Program
- BCCSU Addiction Care and Treatment
- CPR Level C
- Primary care
- Evidence-based medicine
- Addiction medicine
- BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)