Hanif Jamal is an Executive Health physician at Cleveland Clinic Canada with a keen interest in preventative health, functional medicine, hospitalist medicine, and healthcare innovation. He has extensive experience in primary and acute care medicine, as well as post-operative pediatric and adult surgery, pediatric and adult psychiatry, physical rehabilitation medicine and complex continuing care. Dr. Jamal empowers his patients to take control of their health and develop solutions that are sustainable for their long-term wellness and success.
Born in Toronto and raised in Markham, Dr. Jamal obtained his Doctor of Medicine from McMaster University in Hamilton, where he also completed his Residency in Family Medicine. He went on to pursue further training in Leadership in Healthcare Innovation at the Harvard Macy Institute. He currently holds an Assistant Clinical Professorship in the Department of Family Medicine at McMaster University and is also the Vice-President of the Halton Professional Staff Association. He serves on the Board of Directors for Halton Healthcare as well as the Board of Directors for the Oakville Hospital Foundation.
Dr. Jamal is an experienced public speaker and has lent his expertise to the CBC as a guest medical columnist and has been published in international medical journals and appeared in his own television health special. Philanthropy is a big part of his life, and he is actively involved in charitable causes and fundraising initiatives.
When he’s not treating patients, or doing Board work, Dr. Jamal enjoys travelling, hiking, skiing as well as playing golf and basketball.
- Leadership in Healthcare Innovation
- Harvard Macy Institute
Harvard School of Business and Harvard Medical Joint Program
- McMaster University
Family Medicine Postgraduate Residency Program
- Doctor of Medicine
- McMaster University
- Bachelor of Science
- University of Guelph
- Certification of Registration for Independent Practice- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Certificate of Registration Licentiate Medical Council of Canada
Awards & Honours
- McMaster Department of Family Medicine Clerkship Teaching and Mentorship Recognition
- McMaster Family Practice Resident Leadership Award
- Professional Association of Interns and Residents of Ontario Senior Resident Excellence in Teaching Recognition
- University of Guelph President’s Scholarship
- Canadian Merit Provincial Scholarship
- Preventative health/medicine
- Hospitalist medicine
- Healthcare Innovation
- Canadian Medical Association/Ontario Medical Association
- College of Family Physicians of Canada/Ontario College of Family Physicians
- Canadian Society of Hospital Medicine