Noah Ivers, MD, is a Family Physician and a member of Cleveland Clinic Canada’s Medical Director Program. Dr. Ivers is passionate about quality improvement in primary care. His research focuses on the use of data to drive decision making in healthcare, applying behavioural sciences and drawing on a foundation in clinical epidemiology and health services research.
Dr. Ivers obtained his Doctor of Medicine form the University of Western Ontario’s Schulich School of Medicine. He completed his Residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto, before going on to complete his PhD in Clinical Epidemiology, from the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Ivers is an active member of the scientific and educational community, and holds numerous roles. He acts as an Associate Professor at the University of Toronto’s Department of Family and Community Medicine, as well as the Director for the Evidence Based Medicine Program at Women’s College Hospital. Additionally, he holds the roles of Scientist at Women’s College Hospital, Affiliate Scientist at the University of Ottawa’s Hospital Research Institute, and Adjunct Scientist at ICES.
Dr. Ivers is a dedicated researcher, and has had his findings published in numerous peer-reviewed medical journals, including The Lancet, The Journal of General Internal Medicine, and the British Medical Journal. He has received hundreds of awards, accolades and research grants for his contributions both nationally and internationally.
When he is not treating patients or teaching, Dr. Ivers enjoys spending time playing and watching sports with his kids and hanging out with his dog, Penny Lane.
- University of Toronto
Clinical Epidemiology, Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
- University of Toronto
- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Western Ontario
Schulich School of Medicine
- Health care program evaluation
- Health care quality
- Knowledge translation
- Primary care/Clinical practice
- Chronic diseases and condition
Awards & Honours
- Canada Research Chair
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research New Investigator Award
- DFCM New Investigator Award University of Toronto
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Fellowship Award
- DFCM Research Fellowship Award
- DFCM Outstanding Research Publication University of Toronto
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Rising Star Award
- DFCM Research Excellence Award, University of Toronto
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Strategic Training Fellowship – Primary Care Award
- Education Innovation Award
- Canadian Medical Association
- Ontario Medical Association
- College of Family Physicians of Canada