Leslie Van Zelst-Lempp is a clinical exercise physiologist at Cleveland Clinic Canada with over 10 years of leadership experience in physical fitness and outpatient chronic disease management programs. She has a particular interest in cardiac physiology, physical ability and aging, behavioural health coaching and sports performance.
Ms. Van Zelst-Lempp was raised in Chatham, Ontario. Her interest in fitness began at the age of six, when she entered the world of competitive gymnastics. She competed for ten years while also playing varsity and club-level sports in high school, and eventually university-level basketball. Eager to turn her passion for athletics into a career, Ms. Van-Zelst-Lempp obtained her Bachelor of Human Kinetics from the University of Windsor. She then received her industry designation by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Clinical Exercise Physiologist.
Ms. Van Zelst-Lempp believes that fitness routines and activities must be personalized; what works for one patient may not work for another. She works closely with her patients to determine what exercise strategies are most effective- both mentally and physically.
When she’s not seeing patients, Ms. Van Zelst-Lempp enjoys spending time with her family and friends, travelling, being outdoors and reading. She stays active by playing basketball, practising Pilates, running, swimming, cycling and strength training.
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics (Honours)
- University of Windsor
Movement of Science
- Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist, American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified Wellcoach, American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified ACLS, CPR and AED
- Chronic disease management
- Physical ability and aging
- Sports performance
- Edurance training
- Women's health
- Behavioural health coaching
- College of Kinesiologists of Ontario
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Ontario Kinesiology Association
- Canadian Association of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation