Shelagh Baker is a physiotherapist at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Ms. Baker has worked in private practice in both Canada and Australia and takes an exercised based approach to her treatments. She is dedicated to helping her patients restore their functional core stability to manage their symptoms, prevent further recurrences and expedite their return to function, fitness and sport.
Ms. Baker obtained a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy from the University of Alberta and completed a Graduate Diploma in Manipulative Physiotherapy from the University of Sydney in Australia. She is a Fletcher Pilates® Professional Teacher, has Levels 1 - 4 FitForeGolf and has completed the Melioguide levels I and II (Working with Osteopenia and Osteoporosis).
Ms. Baker runs the Exercise Rehabilitation Program (ERP) at Midtown, which is a physiotherapist-led exercise program that reinforces safe movement patterns and postures to get patients back to active lifestyles as quickly as possible. She treats low and mid back and neck pain, chronic and more acute as well as other musculoskeletal dysfunctions that are driven by non-optimal movement strategies. She enjoys working with her patients to educate them on their injuries, provide self-management tools and develop recovery plans that work for them.
When she’s not treating patients, Ms. Baker stays active by long-distance rowing. She has completed numerous half marathons and recently completed her second full marathon. She also loves to spend time with her family and escape the city.
- Graduate Diploma
- University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Science
- University of Alberta
- Fletcher Pilates® Professional Teacher
- PMA® -CPT
- Levels 1 - 4 FitForeGolf
- Melioguide I & II– Working with Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
- Bellies Inc
- Education to promote self-management
- Exercise based treatments
- Acute and chronic low and mid back and neck pain
- Long term movement dysfunctions
- Nordic/urban walking/poling
- Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association (Special Interest Groups-Orthopaedic, Women's Health and Sports)
- Australian Physiotherapy Association (Special Interest Groups - Sports Physiotherapy Australia and Women's Men's and Pelvic Health)
- Titled member of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia