Theodore Ross, MD, is an accomplished colorectal surgeon and a member of the Cleveland Clinic Canada staff. Dr. Ross specializes in digestive diseases and colon and rectum disorders.
Raised in Toronto, Ontario, he attended the University of Toronto, where he earned both his undergraduate and medical degrees. He continued his education, becoming a Fellow with the Royal College of Surgeons (Canada). His numerous residencies and training specialties at the University of Toronto included cardiovascular, gastroenterological, gynaecological, urological, and general surgeries; his final year in residency was spent as Chief Resident. Dr. Ross completed his fellowship in the Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio and he then went on to become a Diplomate with both The American Board of Surgery and The American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
For over 28 years, Dr Ross has been on active staff with the Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto. Additionally, he is on active staff at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
Dr. Ross’ esteemed career encompasses clinical, academic and research excellence. He has authored or co-authored 18 peer-reviewed journal publications, has contributed to 10 books, chapters or proceedings and collaborated on 10 clinical abstracts. He has also written over 20 peer-reviewed papers and presented at 31 lecturing venues across Ontario. Respected and recognized for his unwavering contribution to his industry, Dr. Ross has been awarded for his academic instruction, surgical skill and clinical leadership.
Dr. Ross has served on numerous academic, scientific and clinical committees and is an active member of the American College of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and the Canadian Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
When he is not practicing medicine, he enjoys spending time with his family and golfing.
- St. Michael's Hospital
Sunnybrook Medical Centre
Toronto General Hospital
Women’s College Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic
- Toronto General Hospital
- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Toronto
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC)
- Certified Diploma, The American Board of Surgery
- Certified Diploma, The American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery, University of Toronto
- Diseases of the colon and rectum
Awards & Honours
- Tovee Award for Postgraduate Teaching
- Marv Tile Award
- Tovee Award for Surgical Undergraduate Education
- Peters-Boyd Academy Directors Special Award
- Mid West Colorectal Society Award
- Best Teacher Award (5 time award winner)
- Honorary Class Member
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Canadian Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons