Nirosshan Thiruchelvam, MD, is a Respirologist at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Dr. Thiruchelvam is dedicated to building bonds with his patients and believes in a patients-first approach to care. His clinical and scholarly interests include lung cancer, cancer-related pulmonary toxicity, pulmonary physiology, interstitial lung disease and complex pleural disease.
Dr. Thiruchelvam completed his Doctor of Medicine at the University of Jaffna in Sri Lanka. He went on to complete his Residency in Internal Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital, followed a Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and a Fellowship in Medical Simulation Education.
Throughout his career, Dr. Thiruchelvam has held numerous leadership roles, including Assistant Professor of Medicine at Cleveland Clinic’s Lerner College of Medicine, Pulmonary Hospitalist at the Respiratory Institute, and Director of Simulation and Core Faculty for the Internal Medicine Residency at Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital. Currently, he acts as an Editor for the American Journal of Case Reports as well as an Abstract Reviewer for CHEST.
Dr. Thiruchelvam is an avid researcher, and his work has been published in esteemed medical journals including the New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet Infectious Diseases, and the Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine.
When he’s not seeing patients, Dr. Thiruchelvam enjoys biking, hiking, spending time outdoors, and cooking food from scratch. He also loves soccer, basketball, and cheering on the Raptors.Education/Training
- Simulation and Advanced Skill Center of Cleveland Clinic
Medical Simulation Education
- Cleveland Clinic
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Jaffna
Jaffna, Sri Lanka
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator of Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Pulmonary Medicine
- National Board of Echocardiography: CCEeXAM: Testamur
- Lung cancer
- Cancer-related pulmonary toxicity
- Pulmonary physiology
- Interstitial lung disease
- Complex pleural disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare