Hanmu Yan, MD, is a Urologist at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Dr. Yan commonly treats urological conditions such as BPH, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, recurrent UTIs, hematuria, incontinence, and urologic cancers.
Dr. Yan completed his Doctor of Medicine at the University of Toronto. A strong interest in urology led him to undertake a residency at the University of Toronto Teaching Hospitals. He went on to complete a Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy and Endourology at St. Joseph’s Health Centre and the University of Toronto. Dr. Yan has also completed specialty fellowship training in kidney stone surgery and minimally invasive urologic surgery, as well additional training in robotics, men’s health issues and chronic pelvic pain.
When he’s not seeing patients, Dr. Yan enjoys spending time with his family and his two young children.
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre, University of Toronto
Advanced Laparoscopy and Endourology
- University of Toronto Teaching Hospitals
- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- University of Guelph
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Kidney stone surgery: ureteroscopy, PCNL
- Urologic cancers: testes, prostate, bladder, kidney
- Minimally invasive urologic surgery
- Men’s health issues: ED, BPH, groin pain
Awards & Honours
- D. R. Wilson Award – Outstanding Resident Teacher in the Department of Surgery, University of Toronto
- Canadian Urological Association