Khalil Sivjee, MD, FRCPC, FCCP, is the Medical Director for Cleveland Clinic Canada. As a respirologist, he specializes in diseases of the chest including the lungs and respiratory tract.
Raised in Connecticut, Dr. Sivjee earned a Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Organization and Policy from Brown University and completed his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Connecticut. Completing his residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital as Chief Medical Resident and a Lecturer at Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. Sivjee became a Fellow and specialized in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Cornell Medical College in New York City. In Canada, Dr. Sivjee completed the Master Teaching Program at the University of Toronto, Department of Medicine and then received his posting as an Assistant Professor and Department Division Director of Respirology at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine. For several years, Dr. Sivjee was the Director of the Hospitalist Training Program at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre before going on to serve as the Head of the Division of Respirology.
He is a Fellow with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and with the American College of Chest Physicians. Active in the clinical community, he is also an member of the Ontario Medical Association (OMA), American Thoracic Society, and the California State Thoracic Society.
In his leisure time, Dr. Sivjee enjoys playing tennis, golf, and cheering on his favourite college basketball team, the UCONN Huskies.
- Master Teachers Program
- University of Toronto
- Yale University
School of Medicine
New Haven, Connecticut
- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Connecticut
- Bachelor of Arts
- Brown University
Health Care Organization and Policy
Providence, Rhode Island
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC)
- Fellow, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cornell Medical College
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
- Certification in Respiratory Diseases, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Certification in Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Diplomate, Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, Pulmonary Diseases, American Board of internal Medicine
- Diplomate, Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Lung cancer
- Health care delivery systems
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- American Thoracic Society
- California State Thoracic Society