Our Run Smart program is designed to optimize your running performance and help you prevent injury, regardless of your level of experience. We treat every runner as an individual and customize the session to your personal goals and physical needs. We will work with you to perfect your running form, identify weaknesses, recommend footwear and discuss any other improvements to your running that may be appropriate.
Our program leader, Stacey Huang, is a trained physiotherapist with a passion for running. She will conduct a comprehensive evaluation that includes strength and flexibility assessments as well as a videotaped gait analysis. The program has two offerings. Running basics is for beginners or those looking to receive simple feedback on how to improve their running mechanics. Advanced running is for those looking for a detailed report including a biomechanical breakdown (measurements of range and speed).
The 40 minute basic assessment
- Evaluation: A thorough clinical assessment of your running history, current training program, previous and current injuries, anatomical structure, strength, flexibility, range of motion, and goals.
- Gait analysis: Coaches eye and/or Kinovea data analysis video software will record you running on a treadmill.
- Review: A thorough review of your running video and discussion of your strengths and weaknesses. Recommendations are made based on your clinical results, gait analysis, level of training and performance goals.
The 40 minute advanced assessment
In addition to the above offerings, the advanced assessment will take things one step further and include a tailored report, analysis and treatment plan.
- Tailored report: Provides a detailed summary, analysis of results and customized recommendations. This will also include a treatment plan for a current injuries, strengthening exercises, flexibility exercises, running technique cues, running drills, and training program modifications.
- Personal training, sports nutrition counselling or additional testing such as VO2 max or body composition can be included for an additional fee. Our experienced team of sports health providers, exercise physiologists and registered dietitians collaborate to provide specific recommendations to help you achieve your running goals.
Personal training, sports nutrition counselling or additional testing such as VO2 max or body composition can be included for an additional fee. Our experienced team of sports health providers, exercise physiologists and registered dietitians collaborate to provide specific recommendations to help you achieve your running goals.
Are You Covered?
If you have physiotherapy benefits, a receipt will be issued for submission to your health benefits provider. Please check with your benefits provider to see what coverage you have for physiotherapy services.
View Other Sports Health Services
- Athletic Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Movement and Performance
- Pedorthic Foot Care
- Shockwave Therapy
- Sports Medicine
Cleveland Clinic Canada Downtown
181 Bay Street
Brookfield Place: 30th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2T3