Isokinetics is a service offered at Cleveland Clinic Canada. This is state-of-the-art neuromuscular testing and rehabilitation using the latest technology of The Biodex System 3. Patients are provided with fast, effective and documented information about targeted muscle groups.
Techniques and Applications
- Impact free acceleration eliminates joint trauma during the achievement of high-speed work.
- Applied torque response ensures that the patient’s limb velocity increases or decreases in proportion to the force applied. This allows full neuromuscular control of the movement.
- Ability to do both concentric and eccentric contractions.
Passive Motion Mode
- Speed is slow enough to overcome the natural stretch reflex.
- Initiate an active muscular contraction without joint movement.
- Monitor strength gains when excessive motion is a concern.
- Protocol for proprioceptive and kinaesthesia training.
Quantitative and Objective
A comparison to the patient’s unaffected limb and to normative data quantifies the exact readiness to return to activity.
Conditions best suited:
- ACL reconstructive surgery
- Ankle injuries and surgery
- Shoulder injuries and surgery
- Knee injuries
- Elbow injuries
- Paul Papoutsakis - Athletic Therapist
View Other Sports Health Services:
- Athletic Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Pedorthic Foot Care
- Personal Training
- Running Program
- Shockwave Therapy
- Yoga Therapy
Cleveland Clinic Canada Midtown (Formerly Sports Medicine Specialists)
150 Eglinton Avenue East
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E8