Laith Ghazala, MD, is a Respirologist at Cleveland Clinic Canada. In his practice, Dr. Ghazala commonly assesses and treats pulmonary issues and diseases including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and pulmonary nodules.
Dr. Ghazala obtained his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Jordan before relocating to the US to complete his residency in internal medicine at the University of Arizona. During his time there, Dr. Ghazala held the role of Chief Resident for the Internal Medicine department. He went on to complete a Fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at Cleveland Clinic’s main campus in Ohio and has specialized training in airway diseases and lung nodules.
Dr. Ghazala is highly experienced in medical intensive care procedures, including intubations, ventilator management, non-invasive ventilation use, central line placements, arterial line as well as other ICU bedside procedures. He has authored numerous peer reviewed papers on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) as well as a textbook chapter on nutrition and pulmonary health.
When he’s not treating patients, Dr. Ghazala enjoys swimming, playing soccer with his children and spending time with his family.
- Cleveland Clinic
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- University of Arizona
- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Jordan
College of Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Respirology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care 2020 board eligible
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary nodules
- Pleural effusions
- Airway diseases
- Ontario Medical Association
- Canadian Thoracic Society
- European respiratory Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society