We have transformed the traditional physical from a one-sided data-gathering exam into an integrated, collaborative, head-to-toe evaluation by top medical and wellness professionals. Healthcare is a personal experience, so we take the time to tailor our conversations and sessions to your needs. During your six-hour day of care, you will meet with various providers, including your physician, nurse, dietitian, exercise physiologist and psychologist.
Your Executive Health assessment is geared to:
• Discover potential health problems
• Target, reduce and eliminate health risk factors
• Promote positive lifestyle change through diet, exercise and mental wellness
• Empower you with the best healthcare knowledge and tools available
The day has been designed to provide you ample time with our physicians and wellness clinicians so that all of your questions get answered. Our patient focused approach allows us to detect and address any medical concerns that may present themselves as well as develop personalized medical and wellness management plan to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout the year. By the end of the day, you’ll feel more confident in your health status, know the action steps you need to take, and possess your own personal roadmap to better health and wellness.
After your assessment, you will be receiving access to our online portal – MyChart – where you will receive your detailed medical letters from your Executive Health team. These will outline your current health status as well as provide actionable recommendations to improve your health. In addition to MyChart, you will be able to connect your nurse to ask any questions as well as book appointments with our urgent care service for 12 months following your assessment. Urgent care allows you to come in for an appointment throughout the year if a non-emergency medical issue arises such as a sore throat, ear infection or common cold.
For more information, call Hetal at 416.507.6662 or email@example.com.
Download a brochure
The Cleveland Clinic Executive Health Physical program is also available in Florida and Ohio. For more information:
Day of Care
Your Executive Health Program begins when you schedule your appointment. To help us prepare for your time with us, you will receive a medical questionnaire to complete prior to your arrival. This is an important step because it provides valuable information to our medical team and allows us to personalize your visit.
On the day of care, your clinical team will customize your experience based on your health needs.
History and Physical
- A detailed medical history and evaluation, providing an assessment of your overall physical health.
Comprehensive Laboratory Tests
- A complete blood count
- Urinalysis to detect problems such as diabetes and kidney disorders
- Blood tests to detect problems such as thyroid abnormalities, liver disease and diabetes
- PSA (prostate-specific antigen) blood test for males over 40 to detect levels of this prostate cancer marker
- Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and iron levels
- Adult vaccinations, reviewed and administered as needed
From the Heart Centre ranked No. 1 by U.S. News & World Report since 1994.
- Resting Electrocardiogram (ECG). A recording of electrical activity within the heart. ECG abnormalities may signal potentially serious heart problems that are treatable when detected early.
- Cardiac Stress Test. A treadmill exercise ECG test to screen for unrecognized coronary artery disease, high blood pressure (hypertension) and abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias).
- V02 max. A treadmill-based exercise test that provides an enhanced assessment of your cardiorespiratory function and your fitness level.
- Screenings for breast, colon and cervical cancers as well as others if family history indicates.
- Visual Acuity Test. Visual screening.
- Tonometry. A check of pressure within the eye to screen for glaucoma.
- Audiogram. An evaluation of your hearing, along with recommendations for hearing preservation or hearing amplification, as needed.
- Spirometry. This breathing function test helps to detect emphysema, bronchitis, asthma and other lung problems.
Diagnostic Imaging (As clinically indicated)
- General x-ray. Depending on a patient’s need, x-rays may be ordered to evaluate bony structures. X-Rays are also commonly used to image certain degenerative diseases, including osteoarthritis.
- Chest x-ray. Depending on a patient’s need, a chest c-ray may be used to evaluate the lungs, heart and chest wall. This x-ray is useful in the diagnosis of many medical conditions.
- Mammography. A low-dose x-ray examination of the breasts, used to aid in the diagnosis of breast diseases. Mammography can play a crucial role in early detection of breast cancer, since it ay detect abnormalities before a patient presents with any symptoms.
- Ultrasound. Ultrasound imaging allows for an internal view of the organs, soft tissue and body cavities, without using invasive techniques.
- Bone Density Test. This enhanced form of x-ray technology is considered the gold standard for measuring bone mineral density (BMD). This test is used to diagnose osteoporosis and assess the future risk of fractures.
- CT. Computerized tomography (CT) produces cross-sectional images of bony structures, body tissues and organs. Compared to standard x-rays, CT scans provide greater detail and clarity for a wider variety of tissue types. (Available off-site)
- MRI. Magnetic Resonance imaging (MRI) combined radiofrequency waves with a powerful magnetic field to obtain remarkably clear, detailed images of internal organs and tissues that may not be visible using other imaging technologies. (Available off-site)
- Colonoscopy. This fiber-optic examination of the entire colon detects polyps, cancer and other abnormalities. Polyps can be removed at the time of the exam. (Available off-site)
- Nutrition Consultation. A registered dietitian will provide you with nutritional recommendations and help you establish healthy eating habits that last a lifetime. Our registered dietitians translate cutting-edge, evidence-based scientific findings into real-life nutritional practice. They will assess your current eating habits and demonstrate the vital role diet plays in everything from disease prevention to optimizing your overall health and well-being. For a fee, patients may enroll in our nutritional genetics program.
- Fitness Consultation. During your consult, your strength and flexibility will be measures to assess your current fitness levels. An exercise physiologist will establish a specific fitness plan for you, based on your physician’s recommendations, your personal goals and your activity level. Whether you are training for a marathon or just starting a fitness regimen, you will learn to make the most of your exercise time. We will tailor recommendations to suit your busy schedule and available equipment. We will also provide tips for exercising on the road and recommendations for home exercise equipment, if desired.
- Psychological Consultation. This confidential session encompasses a number of important health and lifestyle factors that contribute to overall life satisfaction and optimal functioning. This includes an assessment of key concerns, such as stress management, work-life balance, mood, anxiety, sleep, interpersonal functioning and substance abuse.
Same-Day Test Results
Your Executive Health physician will summarize the team’s findings and discuss your available test results and any recommendations for follow-up tests. If your physician identifies a potential or existing problem requiring further evaluation, we will coordinate appointments with the appropriate specialists for an in-depth assessment.
Cleveland Clinic Canada's Difference
- A 12 month program that includes a comprehensive 5 hour, head-to-toe medical and wellness evaluation and personalized health recommendations to help you take charge of your health.
- Our program is offered at one flat rate so that our patients receive the services that are necessary for them and are not charged for individual services.
- Access to our urgent care service for 12 months following your medical evaluation. Should a non-emergency issue arise that requires medical attention (e.g., a sore throat or ear infection) and can be addressed in one clinic visit, you can contact Cleveland Clinic Canada to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available and will be scheduled the same day or the next day.
- Our Executive Health physicians see a maximum of five patients per day to ensure patients receive the time and attention they need and deserve.
- We have 25 on-site specialists at our clinic. Specialty areas include anesthesiology, cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, immunology, gastroenterology, neurology, orthopaedics, otolaryngology, respirology, urology and sports medicine.
- Access to the expertise of dozens of Canadian physicians, specialists and wellness experts at Cleveland Clinic Canada, as well as over 3,000 Cleveland Clinic surgeons and specialists in the United States.
- Full use of our sports health program for you, your family and your colleagues. This includes on-site imaging and appointments within 3 business days.
- The ability to view your electronic medical records anywhere in the world through our secure online tool, MyChart.
- After your first year in the program, our clinical team will customize your 5 hour evaluation with additional services such as the VO2 test or a nutritional analysis.
Below is our Executive Health team. Additional specialists will be involved as required.
Executive Health Physician
Your Executive Health Physician will conduct your annual physical exam and discuss with you any medical concerns.
- Saralaine Johnstone, MD, CCFP, FCFP - Executive Health Physician
- Cathy J. Campbell, BPE, MSc, MD, CCFP, FCFP, Dip. Sport Med. - Executive Health Physician
- Kiran Clair, MD, CCFP - Executive Health Physician
- Hanif Jamal, BSc, MD, CCFP - Executive Health Physician
- Farzana Haq, MD, CCFP, MSc - Executive Health Physician
A member of the cardiology team will perform the ECG (electrocardiogram) and stress test and the cardiologist will review test results.
- Chi-Ming Chow, MSc, MDCM, FRCPC, FACC, FASE - Cardiologist
- Gideon Cohen, MD, MSc, PhD, FRCSC - Cardiac Surgeon
- Arvinder Grover, MD, FRCPC, FACC - Cardiologist
You will also spend time with the following specialists during your Executive Health examination:
Executive Health Nursing Team
A member of our Executive Health nursing team will review your blood tests, collect a urine sample, perform vision and hearing screenings and conduct lung-function testing.
An exercise physiologist will administer muscular fitness and flexibility tests, cardiovascular endurance assessments and provide counseling about exercise and physical activity specifically for your lifestyle.
A Registered Dietitian will conduct a nutritional assessment and provide personalized counseling based on your dietary needs and habits.
- Mary Bamford, BSc, MBA, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Jaclyn Pritchard, BASc, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Natalie Lougheed (nee Symons), BSc, BSc, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Laura Vermander, BSc, BSc, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Ahuva Magder, MAN, RD - Registered Dietitian
- Cassandra Reid, BSc, RD - Registered Dietitian
A behavioural specialist will provide a comprehensive lifestyle assessment and personalized counseling for stress and behaviour management techniques.
A radiology technician will perform scans for bone density, chest x-ray, mammography and abdominal ultrasound (as required). The results will be reviewed by our preferred radiology group.
“I felt compelled to write to thank you for the outstanding medical experience I had at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Taking part in the Executive Health Program, I must say, I have never had a more complete and thorough medical examination in all my years in and around healthcare."
- Dr. Stephen Tsotsos