Jacquelyn DiFiore, MSN, MHA, RN, NEA-BC, is chief nursing officer (CNO) for Ashtabula County Medical Center, a Cleveland Clinic health system affiliate. DiFiore is responsible for managing nursing practice and administration, education, and professional development for Ashtabula County Medical Center (ACMC) and the Ashtabula Clinic, ACMC’s employed medical group. DiFiore has extensive experience and expertise in acute-care nursing – dedicating her career to ensuring the highest-quality care is always provided in the safest environment possible. In addition to serving as CNO, DiFiore also serves as a peer reviewer at Kepro to help improve care quality and patient safety in healthcare.
Throughout her career, DiFiore has been influential in the healthcare industry and in her community – actively volunteering on steering committees and at local events. As an avid supporter of research and the integration of evidence-based knowledge, DiFiore has conducted two research studies. Additionally, she was a recipient of the Cleveland Clinic Nursing Institute’s Lifetime Achievement Award, and a two-time recipient of the institute’s Nursing Excellence Award.
- MSN and Master of Health Administration, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona, 2011
- BSN, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona, 2007
- Diploma, Huron School of Nursing, Cleveland, Ohio, 1996
- Associate of Science, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, Ohio, 1996
- Board-Certified Nurse Executive Advanced (NEA-BC), American Nurses Credentialing Center
Ashtabula County Medical Center
2420 Lake Avenue
Ashtabula, Ohio 44004
As a leader who is dedicated to patient care and safety, DiFiore actively collaborates with leaders throughout the ACMC healthcare system on patient experience and care quality initiatives. Throughout her nursing career, DiFiore has always been a strong, committed leader. As nurse manager of the ICU at Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital, DiFiore was instrumental in the development and implementation of the rapid response team. She also serves on numerous internal councils and committees, including the nurse practice council, patient satisfaction committee, bio-ethics committee, pharmacy and therapeutics committee, emergency management committee and the acute-care and critical-care affinity groups.
Clinical Practice & Teaching
DiFiore is a board-certified nurse executive advanced (NEA-BC) whose clinical expertise lies in the area of acute-care nursing.
DiFiore is a known mentor and clinical educator to nurses and healthcare teams. Additionally, she consistently serves as an advisor to nurse leaders – promoting research and the integration of evidence-based knowledge while empowering those she advises.
Research & Publications
DiFiore is actively involved in research and the implementation of evidence-based knowledge. She has conducted two studies; “Impact of Music Therapy on Hospitalized Patients Post Elective Orthopedic Surgery,” and “Effect of Employing Unit-Based Mobility Technicians on Catheter Utilization, Falls, Length of Stay and Readmission Rates.”
- Member, Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses
- Member, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Trustee, Frontline Service (formerly Mental Health Services, Inc.)
- Volunteer, Guardian, Catholic Charities Volunteer Guardian Program
- Volunteer, Euclid Schools Health Fairs, Tutoring and BMI Screening
- Volunteer, Medworks
Honors & Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Cleveland Clinic, 2013
- Nursing Excellence Award, Cleveland Clinic, 2013
- Nursing Excellence Award, Cleveland Clinic, 2010