Where Do I Get Started?
At Cleveland Clinic, we know navigating the insurance coverage process can be an added stress and we strive to make the process as smooth as possible for our patients.
Cleveland Clinic accepts a variety of plans from insurance companies at all of our locations. To verify if your insurance plan is accepted for services across our health system, please review our list of accepted insurance companies below.
If your insurance company is accepted by Cleveland Clinic: Please contact your insurance company to confirm what care is covered by your plan as well as information on copayments, deductibles and coinsurance amounts. See what your out-of-pocket expenses will be using our cost estimator.
If your insurance company is not accepted by Cleveland Clinic: This means your insurance plan is considered out-of-network which can lead to greater out-of-pocket expenses for your care. Please contact your insurance company for more information about what your financial responsibility may be if you choose to receive care at Cleveland Clinic. Find more information about Cleveland Clinic’s out-of-network insurance process.
Important Information for UnitedHealthcare Insurance Members
At this time, we are discussing a new contract with UnitedHealthcare that may impact your in-network coverage for the care you receive at Cleveland Clinic. If an agreement cannot be reached, your financial responsibility may increase because your insurance will no longer cover Cleveland Clinic as an in-network facility.
Please know that nothing changes for you right now and you can continue scheduling appointments for care as you normally do. We are working hard to reach a new agreement and it is our goal to avoid any changes that would disrupt your current healthcare coverage.
For the latest information, visit ChooseClevelandClinic.org.
Which Insurance Plans Are Accepted at Cleveland Clinic?
Below is the list of plans that are accepted at Cleveland Clinic main campus, our family health centers and community hospitals in Northeast Ohio.
The list below is for reference purposes only and is subject to change. Not all plans within the companies listed are considered participating. Always check with your health plan to confirm that Cleveland Clinic is included.
- Aetna Medicare Plan (fka: Golden Choice)
- Aetna Medicare Plan (fka: Golden Medicare Plan)
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Allwell Buckeye HMO SNP
- American Health Holding (aka Strategic Health Development)
- Anthem BCBS
- Anthem BCBS Medicare Preferred
- Anthem BCBS Medicare Select
- Anthem BCBS Senior Advantage
- AARP MedicareComplete
- AARP Medicare Complete Choice (through United Healthcare)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (through United Healthcare)
- AARP Medicare Complete Plan (through United Healthcare)
- AARP Medicare Complete Plus (through United Healthcare)
- Aultcare Health Plan
- Beacon Health Options
- Beech Stree
- Blue Distinction Centers for Transplant (BDCT)
- Buckeye Community Healthplan Medicaid
- Carecentrix, Inc.
- CareSource Medicaid
- CareSource Medicare
- Coventry Carelink
- CCHS Employee Health Plan
- CIGNA Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental
- CIGNA Healthcare of Ohio
- CIGNA LifeSource
- Cigna Local Plus
- Cigna Preferred Medicare (HMO)
- Cigna True Choice Medicare (PPO)
- CommuniCare Advantage
- Community Health Alliance
- Coventry Transplant Network, Inc.
- HealthLink, Inc.
- HealthScope Benefits
- HealthSmart (fka Emerald Health Network)
- Hospice of Western Reserve (HOWR)
- Humana Choice Care Network
- Humana Choice Medicare Advantage
- Humana Cleveland Clinic Preferred
- Humana Gold Choice
- Humana Gold Plus
- Humana Military (Tricare)
- Kaiser National Transplant Network
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- Managed Care Services Signature Care PPO (aka Parkview Health Plan Systems)
- Medical Benefits Corporation (MedBen)
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Medical Mutual of Ohio Medicare Advantage
- Medicare A, B, C, and D
- Mental Health Associates Inc.
- Molina Healthcare Medicaid
- MyCare Caresource
- MyCare Buckeye
- MyCare UHC
- National Healthcare Solutions, Inc. d/b/a National PPO
- North American Health Plan, Inc.
- Northcoast Health Management Services
- North Shore-LIJ Health Plan
- Northcoast Healthcare Management Services
- Ohio Health Choice Plan (OHCP)
- Ohio Health Group
- Ohio Healthy Preferred
- Ohio PPO Connect
- Ohio Preferred Network (OPN)
- Olympus Managed Care, Inc.
- Optum Health
- Paramount Advantage
- Paramount Advantage Medicaid
- Paramount Elite
- Paramount Elite Standard Medical and Drug
- Paramount Elite Enhanced Medical Only
- Paramount Elite Enhanced Medical and Drug
- Paramount Health Care
- Paramount Preferred Options
- Parkview Health Plan Services Signature Care PPO (aka Managed Care Services)
- Perennial Advantage
- PrimeTime HMO-POS
- Private HealthCare Systems (PHCS)
- Protocol Tertiary Network
- Provider Partners Health Plan (PPHP) I-SNP
- Quality Care Partners
- Quality Health Management
- Sparrow Physicians Health Network
- Strategic Health Development (aka American Health Holding)
- Tertiary Care Network
- Tethys Health Ventures
- The Health Plan (of the Upper Ohio Valley)
- The Health Plan SecureCare MDCR HMO
- Three Rivers Provider Network (TRPN)
- Today's Options PFFS
- United Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- United Healthcare Dual Complete SNP
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare Medicare Complete
- United Healthcare Medicare Complete Essential
- United Healthcare Medicare Complete Choice
- United Resource Networks
- UPMC for Life
- UPMC for Life Dual/Life Options
- UPMC HealthyU
- USA Managed Care Organization