Why Would I Need a Second Opinion?
The Virtual Second Opinions by Cleveland Clinic program connects you with the expertise of 3,500 Cleveland Clinic specialists in over 550 advanced subspecialties, without the time and expense of travel. This unique service gives patients secure, online access to Cleveland Clinic experts for virtually every possible diagnosis.
You can use a virtual second opinion to:
- Make the most informed decision about your healthcare or that of a loved one.
- Ensure your diagnosis is correct.
- Ensure your treatment plan is optimal for you.
- Eliminate the need for additional expenses and lost time with travel for a second opinion.
- Get peace of mind and confidence you are pursuing the best possible outcome.
How Does It Work?
Through our secure platform, patients can review their detailed health information with one of our nurse care managers over a live audio/visual connection. Your advocate gathers your medical records and will work closely with the most appropriate Cleveland Clinic expert specialist who is assigned to your consultation. The expert will render a thorough educational second opinion to you regarding your diagnosis or treatment. You will be discussing your condition with the physician in real-time, so you will be able to ask them any questions during your conversation. They will work directly with you to educate you about all treatment options.
Is It Covered by My Insurance?
Virtual Second Opinions are not covered by Medicare or Medicaid, and we are unable to accept insurance payments. The cost of $800 is payable by most major credit cards, certified U.S. bank check or money order.