Cleveland Clinic’s digestive disease program is ranked No. 2 in the nation and top-ranked in Ohio by U.S.News & World Report. Additionally, Cleveland Clinic’s cancer program is No. 7 in the nation and top-ranked in Ohio according to the same survey.
Our program unites all of the specialists you need in one convenient spot, so you get the care you need right away — without waiting for separate appointments with multiple doctors in various locations.The team works together to explore the best medical and surgical options to ensure the most successful outcome for each patient. Our specialists tailor treatment plans to their patients’ needs, taking into account how advanced the cancer is, the patient’s age and if the cancer has spread.
Our experts also continually seek to improve colorectal cancer care through weekly tumor board meetings where they review colorectal cancer cases for multidisciplinary clinical management decisions, including discussing new treatments or experimental therapies. We are home to The Sanford R. Weiss, MD, Center for Hereditary Colorectal Neoplasia (The Weiss Center) and The David G. Jagelman Inherited Colorectal Cancer Registries, which are amongst the world’s largest registries.
The mission is to study the causes and prevention of inherited colorectal cancer, including:
What We Treat
- Chemotherapy for colorectal cancer
- Colon cancer
- Colon polyps
- Colorectal cancer overview
- Colorectal cancer: Detection, Care & Treatment
- Colorectal cancer free risk assessment
- Colorectal cancer outlook
- Colorectal cancer risk factors
- Colorectal cancer: signs, symptoms, and stages
- Hereditary Colorectal Cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Rectum diseases, detecting and treating
- Colorectal screenings
- Colonoscopy and bowel prep instructions
- Fecal occult blood test
- Stool test
- Colectomy (colon resection)
- Hyperthermic (or Heated) Intraoperative Peritoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Liver-directed therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer including:
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Microwave ablation
- Irreversible electroporation
- Liver resection for metastatic colorectal cancer
- Radiation therapy
- Robotic colectomy (colon removal)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Targeted therapy
- Total colectomy
- Transanal resection
For Additional Information
To schedule your colonoscopy, please call 216.444.7000.
For questions or to schedule an appointment with a colon cancer specialist, call our Cancer Answer Line at 866.223.8100.
For an appointment in The Sanford R. Weiss, MD, Center for Hereditary Colorectal Neoplasia, please call 216.444.6470
Support & Services
We offer a full range of services to address all of your needs, including:
- Screening colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and fecal occult blood tests.
- Full range of medical and surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer
- Personalized medical approaches based on genetic testing
- Timely diagnosis and treatment
- Second opinions
- Access to the latest clinical research trials
In addition to offering state of the art diagnostic techniques and colorectal cancer treatment methods, our specialists also offer an array of resources that can help patients cope with the demands of cancer. Patients are encouraged to take advantage of these resources to ease the burden of managing colorectal cancer and treatment.
- For more information on a variety of support groups, information, and wellness plans visit the Cancer Patient Support page.
- Take our free online risk assessment to determine your colorectal cancer risk score.
Looking for reliable information on colonoscopy screening or colon cancer? One click will start you on the path to becoming a more informed patient.
Our library of videos offers answers to frequently asked questions about colorectal cancer as well as information on new innovations.
- Colonoscopy Screening information
- Call 216.444.7000 to schedule your colonoscopy at a location close to you.
Clinical Trials & Research
Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center clinical trials offer patients important treatment options and access to the latest treatments and procedures resulting from cancer research.
Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center is committed to working with you to provide the best care for your patients. Our team is also dedicated to the training and education of medical professionals to advance cancer care and research.