Our comprehensive Lung Cancer Program brings together a multidisciplinary team of medical oncologists, pulmonologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, thoracic surgeons, and thoracic radiologists who collaborate to provide customized, coordinated care for patients. This collaborative approach allows us to focus our entire team’s expertise and energy on providing the best strategies for diagnosing and treating our patients.
While there is no one solution for treating lung cancer, there are many options. We customize our patients’ lung cancer treatment, allowing them to enjoy the best quality of life possible. Some patients may be eligible to participate in clinical trials which offer lung cancer patients options and access to the latest treatments and procedures. With innovative treatments from chemo-radiation therapy to robotic surgical options, and excellent outcomes, Cleveland Clinic lung cancer specialists are nationally recognized.
Recognition & Outcomes
Cleveland Clinic is recognized in the U.S. and throughout the world for its expertise and care.
Cleveland Clinic provides data regarding patient volumes, treatment outcomes, surgical and medical trends, and innovations for patients and physicians.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons employs a comprehensive rating system that allows for comparisons regarding the quality of thoracic surgery among hospitals across the country. The latest database analysis covers the three-year period from January 2016 through December 2018, for which Cleveland Clinic achieved a three-star (highest) rating in lobectomy, a treatment for lung cancer.
Recent Lung Cancer Advances at Cleveland Clinic
Recently, U.S. News talked to Dr. Nathan Pennell, Director of the Lung Cancer Medical Oncology Program, and Dr. Daniel Raymond, a thoracic surgeon in the Lung Cancer Program, to discuss how new advances in lung cancer treatment that are leading to better results for patients through research-driven innovation.
What We Treat
Conditions and Treatments
- Lung Cancer.
- Non-small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Pulmonary Nodules.
- Mediastinal Tumors.
- Pleural Mesothelioma.
- Pleural Effusion.
- Thymoma and Thymic Carcinoma.
- Radiation Oncology.
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS).
For Additional Information
Support & Services
In addition to offering state of the art diagnostic techniques and lung cancer treatment methods, our specialists also offer an array of resources that can help patients cope with the demands of cancer. Patients are encouraged to take advantage of these resources to ease the burden of managing cancer.
Clinical Trials & Research
Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center clinical trials offer patients important treatment options and access to the latest treatments and procedures resulting from cancer research.
Clinical trials (or research studies) help us create the medicine of tomorrow. They provide hope through offering testing of new drugs, new surgical techniques or other treatments before they are widely available.
We can help you access hundreds of clinical trials across all specialty areas. Our new searchable online trials tool makes identifying treatment opportunities easier than ever.
Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center is committed to working with you to provide the best care for your patients. Our team is also dedicated to the training and education of medical professionals to advance cancer care and research.
Make An Online Referral
You will receive confirmation once the appointment is scheduled.
Cancer Advances Podcast
A Cleveland Clinic podcast for medical professionals exploring the latest innovative research and clinical advances in the field of oncology. Listen to Cancer Advances.
- A Collaborative Solution to Lung Nodule Management with Dr. Peter Mazzone
- Innovations in Pulmonary Stents for Cancer Patients with Dr. Thomas Gildea
- Single-Fraction Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) Effective for Early Stage Lung Cancer with Dr. Gregory Videtic
- Target Therapies for Lung Cancer with Dr. Laurie Matt-Amaral
Consult QD | Cancer
Our cancer care blog for physicians and healthcare professionals. Discover emerging advances, innovations and research insights from Cleveland Clinic Cancer Care specialists. Explore Consult QD.
- Access our free Lung Cancer Treatment Guide
Hear the inspiring story of real Cleveland Clinic patient fighting lung cancer.
- Custom Stent is Breath of Fresh Air for Lung Cancer Survivor
- Stage 4 Lung Cancer Patient Thrives with Gene Therapy
- Runner Hurdles Two Types of Cancer
- Innovative Microcoil Procedure Shows Promise for Early-Stage Lung Cancer
Find helpful posts from Cleveland Clinic’s Health Essentials site. Discover the latest lung cancer health and wellness tips.
- Lung Cancer Screening: Do You Need It?
- Yes, You Can Still Get Lung Cancer If You Don't Smoke
- What Are the Chances a Lung Nodule or Spot Is Cancer?
- Why Lung Cancer Doesn’t Have to Be the Deadliest Cancer
- Is Targeted Radiation Therapy Best for Your Early-Stage Lung Cancer?
- Life After Lobectomy: 6 Steps to a Smooth Recovery After Lung Cancer Surgery
- Innovative Coil Procedure Could Help Doctors Treat Lung Cancer Sooner
- Do I Need Lung Cancer Screening If I’ve Quit Smoking?