Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Abdominal Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopy
- Anorectal Fistula Treatment
- Anorectal Surgery
- Cancer Center
- Colon And Rectal Surgical Procedures
- Colon Surgery
- Colorectal Cancer - Prevention
- Colorectal Cancer Diagnosis
- Colorectal Cancer Research
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Strategies
- Colorectal Cancer Treatment
- Colorectal Surgery
- Consultation for Complicated Colon and Rectal Disease
- Fecal Diversion
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Ileoanal Pouch
- Integrative Medicine
- Intestinal Stomas
- J Pouch
- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Laparoscopic Colectomy
- Laparoscopic Colon Resection
- Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Fecal Diversion
- Laparoscopic Ileocolectomy
- Laparoscopic J-pouch Surgery
- Laparoscopic Proctosigmoidectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Digestive Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Cancer Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pediatric Total Abdominal Colectomy
- Pelvic Pouch Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
- Pouch Center
- Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Rectal Surgery
- Rectal-Sparing Operations For Carcinoma Of The Rectum
- Rectum Reoperative Abdominopelvic Surgery
- Re-Do Rectal Surgery
- Reoperative Abdominal and Pelvic Surgery
- Reoperative Abdominal Surgery
- Reoperative Pelvic Surgery
- Reoperative Surgery
- Resection of Colon and Rectal Diseases
- Rigid Sigmoidoscopy
- Rubber Band Ligation Of Hemorrhoids
- Second Opinion
- Sphincter Sparing Surgery
- Stoma Surgery
- Surgery For Carcinoma Of The Colon
- Surgery For Crohn's Disease
- Surgery for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Surgery for Pilonidal Cyst
- Surgery for Rectal Prolapse
- Surgical Management for Ulcerative Colitis
- Surgical Treatment for Mucosal Ulcerative Colitis
- Total Abdominal Colectomy
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
- Treatment for Anal Fissure
- Treatment for Anal Fistula
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Abscess
- Adenomatous Polyps
- Anal Abscesses
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistula
- Anal Itching
- Anal Pain
- Anorectal Disease
- Anorectal Fistula
- Benign Anorectal Disease
- Cancer of the Colon, Rectum and Anus
- Carcinoma of the Colon
- Carcinoma of the small and large bowel
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Diseases
- Colon Polyps
- Colonic Neoplasia
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colovaginal Fistula
- Colovesticle Fistula
- Crohn's Disease
- Enterocutaneious Fistula
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Genital Warts
- Hereditary Non Polyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Intestinal Fistula
- Intestinal Fistulae
- Large Bowel Cancer
- Large Intestine Cancer
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender LGBT Health
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Rectal Abscess
- Small Bowel Cancer
- Small Intestine Cancer
- Stoma Related Problems
- Ulcerative Colitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - University of Illinois
Chicago, IL USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Drexel University College of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - Boston College
Chestnut Hill, MA USA
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Cancer of the colon, rectum and anus, Inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulitis, Laparoscopic colorectal surgery, Minimally invasive surgery, Sphincter preservation surgery, J pouch creation, Ostomy reversal, Benign anorectal diseases
Awards & Honors
- 2018-2022 "Best Doctor," Cleveland Magazine
- 2015-2022 Top Doctors in America List
- 2019-2022 Outstanding Preceptor of Clerkship Students
- 2019 Academy of Master Surgeon Educators Induction, American College of Surgeons
- 2016 Association for Surgical Education, Philip J. Wolfson Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2015 Academy of Clerkship Directors Induction, Association for Surgical Education
- 2015 Alpha Omega Alpha
- 2014 Kaiser-Permanente Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2013 Surgical Education Research Foundation Fellowship
- 2013-2019 Scholarship in Teaching Award from Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine
- 2012 Faculty Teaching Award for Department of Surgery – Case Western Surgery Residency
- 2010 Outstanding Clinical Fellow Award Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Colorectal Surgery
- 2009 Debra J. Graham Teaching Award
- 2009 Administrative Chief General Surgery Resident
- 2008 Michael W.L Guarderer Award for best resident in Pediatric Surgery
- 2007, 2008 Junior Resident Teaching Award Case Western Surgery Residency
- 2004 Donald R. Cooper, MD Award for Excellence in Surgery - Drexel University, College of Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/6/2022, Dr. Lipman has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Fiduciary Role. Dr. Lipman serves in a fiduciary capacity, such as an elected officer, director or chief medical officer, for the following companies or other entities:
- Association for Program Directors in Surgery
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
75 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
13 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 22, 2022
We traveled 2 hours, one way to seek Dr. Lipman opinion. He is thorough and presented evidence based practice in laymen terms so I could make a sound decision regarding my health concern. His compassion and care about me was both earnest and authentic. Cleveland Clinic has an stellar reputation and Dr.Lipman, humbly and without effort showed me why. I thank you, kindly for calling to bring me a peace of mind before the holidays. Three calls to reach me cause it mattered to him I mattered.
Reviewed on Dec 8, 2022
I had an active problem and was seen the same day I called for the appointment. Dr. Lipman was great at explaining and examination.
Reviewed on Oct 13, 2022
Dr. Lippman was kind, confident and helpful. He was very open to my needs and offered to help me with finding a GI. Thank you to Dr. Rappaport and Carter as well.
Reviewed on Oct 6, 2022
Dr. Lipman was very good throughout the entire visit.
Reviewed on Sep 6, 2022
I know Dr Lipman only does colonoscopy procedures once a month.
Reviewed on Aug 18, 2022
Dr. Lipman has always answered all of my questions and been very reassuring and comforting over the last few years as I have dealt with complications from my surgeries, I would recommend him to anyone in need of a colorectal surgeon he is the best!
Reviewed on Aug 15, 2022
I received an amazing level of care from *Dr. L_____ and his team. They are the best.
Reviewed on Aug 8, 2022
*Dr. Lipman is the best!
Reviewed on Jun 16, 2022
Overall very HAPPY with Dr Lipman and all the Staff. I will recommend him to my friends and family if they are in need of GI surgeon.
Reviewed on Jun 16, 2022
Pleasent, courteous, compationate, extremely helpful, Dr Jeremy listened to me and answered all of my questions.
Reviewed on May 12, 2022
This will be my third surgery with Dr Lipman. This time it is cancer. He is patient,kind, and empathetic. I would recommend him to anyone needing GI surgery.
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2022
The doctors and their staff were great.
Reviewed on Feb 1, 2022
Dr Lipman office is always so nice and talk to us as family and show respect to our fears and concerns.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.