Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Abdominal Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopy
- Anorectal Fistula Treatment
- Anorectal Surgery
- Cancer Center
- Colon And Rectal Surgical Procedures
- Colon Surgery
- Colorectal Cancer - Prevention
- Colorectal Cancer Diagnosis
- Colorectal Cancer Research
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Strategies
- Colorectal Cancer Treatment
- Colorectal Surgery
- Consultation for Complicated Colon and Rectal Disease
- Fecal Diversion
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Ileoanal Pouch
- Integrative Medicine
- Intestinal Stomas
- J Pouch
- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Laparoscopic Colectomy
- Laparoscopic Colon Resection
- Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Fecal Diversion
- Laparoscopic Ileocolectomy
- Laparoscopic J-pouch Surgery
- Laparoscopic Proctosigmoidectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Digestive Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Cancer Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pediatric Total Abdominal Colectomy
- Pelvic Pouch Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
- Pouch Center
- Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Rectal Surgery
- Rectal-Sparing Operations For Carcinoma Of The Rectum
- Rectum Reoperative Abdominopelvic Surgery
- Re-Do Rectal Surgery
- Reoperative Abdominal and Pelvic Surgery
- Reoperative Abdominal Surgery
- Reoperative Pelvic Surgery
- Reoperative Surgery
- Resection of Colon and Rectal Diseases
- Rigid Sigmoidoscopy
- Rubber Band Ligation Of Hemorrhoids
- Second Opinion
- Sphincter Sparing Surgery
- Stoma Surgery
- Surgery For Carcinoma Of The Colon
- Surgery For Crohn's Disease
- Surgery for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Surgery for Pilonidal Cyst
- Surgery for Rectal Prolapse
- Surgical Management for Ulcerative Colitis
- Surgical Treatment for Mucosal Ulcerative Colitis
- Total Abdominal Colectomy
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
- Treatment for Anal Fissure
- Treatment for Anal Fistula
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Abscess
- Adenomatous Polyps
- Anal Abscesses
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistula
- Anal Itching
- Anal Pain
- Anorectal Disease
- Anorectal Fistula
- Benign Anorectal Disease
- Cancer of the Colon, Rectum and Anus
- Carcinoma of the Colon
- Carcinoma of the small and large bowel
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Diseases
- Colon Polyps
- Colonic Neoplasia
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colovaginal Fistula
- Colovesticle Fistula
- Crohn's Disease
- Enterocutaneious Fistula
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Genital Warts
- Hereditary Non Polyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Intestinal Fistula
- Intestinal Fistulae
- Large Bowel Cancer
- Large Intestine Cancer
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender LGBT Health
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Rectal Abscess
- Small Bowel Cancer
- Small Intestine Cancer
- Stoma Related Problems
- Ulcerative Colitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - University of Illinois
Chicago, IL USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Drexel University College of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - Boston College
Chestnut Hill, MA USA
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Cancer of the colon, rectum and anus, Inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulitis, Laparoscopic colorectal surgery, Minimally invasive surgery, Sphincter preservation surgery, Trans-anal minimally invasive surgery, J pouch creation, Ostomy reversal, Benign anorectal diseases
Awards & Honors
- 2016 Association for Surgical Education, Philip J. Wolfson Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2015 Inducted into Academy of Clerkship Directors
- 2015 Alpha Omega Alpha
- 2015-2016 Best Doctors in America List
- 2014 Kaiser-Permanente Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2013 Surgical Education Research Foundation Fellowship
- 2013, 2014, 2015 Scholarship in Teaching Award from Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine
- 2012 Faculty Teaching Award for Department of Surgery – Case Western Surgery Residency
- 2010 Outstanding Clinical Fellow Award Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Colorectal Surgery
- 2009 Debra J. Graham Teaching Award
- 2009 Administrative Chief General Surgery Resident
- 2008 Michael W.L Guarderer Award for best resident in Pediatric Surgery
- 2007, 2008 Junior Resident Teaching Award Case Western Surgery Residency
- 2004 Donald R. Cooper, MD Award for Excellence in Surgery - Drexel University, College of Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/10/2020, Dr. Lipman has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
103 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
22 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 22, 2021
dr Liptman and staff is the most professional staff I have nothing but the at most of praises
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2021
Dr. Lipman was very informative, you can tell he cares for his patients, he's very explanatory, and answers questions.
Reviewed on Mar 2, 2021
Love *Dr. Lipman, *Dr. Berger & whole team.
Reviewed on Feb 18, 2021
Dr. Lipman and Dr. Deross are an amazing team!
Reviewed on Feb 4, 2021
Best doctors I've ever met. Trust them completely.
Reviewed on Jan 14, 2021
dr lipman assistants are excellrnt
Reviewed on Dec 17, 2020
Dr was not willing to even investigate the problem and refused to consider two surgeons reports with the descending colon being adhered to the bladder cuff and sidewall which is why there is only being allowed a teaspoon/tablespoon or an ounce at the most of fluid to enter the bladder at a time and I am suffering extreme agony. Never offered an mri even.
Reviewed on Dec 15, 2020
I'm very very satisfied with my experience at the Cleveland Clinic. I like Dr. Lippman he is patient and explains things well.
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2020
I love my doctor and would give everyone I know a good report about him and cleveland clinic.
Reviewed on Dec 2, 2020
*Dr. Lipman & staff are great.
Reviewed on Nov 5, 2020
Dr. Jeremy Lipman and his staff was professional,caring empathetic is always they are blessings!
Reviewed on Nov 5, 2020
dr. Lipman and his staff are the epitome of "Quality Healthcare".
Reviewed on Sep 24, 2020
Dr. Lipman was a true professional. he made me feel very relaxed. He is very caring answered all questions was very informative. Was very pleased to get connected with him. Coleen my Stoma Therapist is a top-notch professional. She is kind very smart and knows how to make a patient feel at ease relaxed at all times. They both get five out of five stars would give them more if there were
Reviewed on Sep 10, 2020
*Dr. Lipman is great dr. Communication and has always personally followed up with phone calls when he said he would.
Reviewed on Jun 20, 2020
My doctor was so nice and made sure I was always feeling okay, and explained everything so well that I will understand. They made me feel super comfortable and relaxed.
Reviewed on Jun 18, 2020
Dr. Lipman and the staff have been incredible!
Reviewed on Jun 18, 2020
Confused me with someone else and sent them appointment information. Missed originally scheduled appointment. Was able to re schedule. Contact with Dr. Lipman was very good and we were able to move forward.
Reviewed on Jun 11, 2020
Dr.Lipman and staff are amazing. They are professional empathetic and understanding.
Reviewed on Jun 11, 2020
Dr. Lipman is a talented surgeon with great professionalism. I would highly recommend him.
Reviewed on Jun 4, 2020
Video visit went smoothly. Dr Lipman was informative about my condition and proposed a carefully thought out plan towards resolution.
Reviewed on May 21, 2020
Dr. Lipman was so nice, answering all my questions because I was worried with my upcoming surgery. He made sure to go over everything and that helped me so much to be prepared for the surgery and what to expect. I appreciate all the hard work and effort!
Reviewed on May 21, 2020
Although, meeting in person is the best, this option is really nice to have. It is much easier to explain everything when you get to see the doctor even if it is virtually, rather than on the phone. The office that set up the appointment was super sweet and Dr. Lipman. This was so great, even though I do not mind driving, living an hour away, it made it super convenient to still have my visit from home.
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.