Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Abdominal Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopy
- Anorectal Fistula Treatment
- Anorectal Surgery
- Cancer Center
- Colon And Rectal Surgical Procedures
- Colon Surgery
- Colorectal Cancer - Prevention
- Colorectal Surgery
- Consultation for Complicated Colon and Rectal Disease
- Ileoanal Pouch
- Integrative Medicine
- Intestinal Stomas
- J Pouch
- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Laparoscopic Colon Resection
- Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic J-pouch Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Digestive Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Cancer Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pelvic Pouch Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
- Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Rectal Surgery
- Rectal-Sparing Operations For Carcinoma Of The Rectum
- Rectum Reoperative Abdominopelvic Surgery
- Re-Do Rectal Surgery
- Reoperative Abdominal Surgery
- Reoperative Pelvic Surgery
- Resection of Colon and Rectal Diseases
- Rigid Sigmoidoscopy
- Rubber Band Ligation Of Hemorrhoids
- Second Opinion
- Sphincter Sparing Surgery
- Stoma Surgery
- Surgery For Carcinoma Of The Colon
- Surgery For Crohn's Disease
- Surgery for Pilonidal Cyst
- Surgery for Rectal Prolapse
- Total Abdominal Colectomy
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Anal Abscesses
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistula
- Anorectal Disease
- Carcinoma of the Colon
- Colon Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Enterocutaneious Fistula
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Genital Warts
- Hereditary Non Polyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Large Intestine Cancer
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Rectal Abscess
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Drexel University College of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - Boston College
Chestnut Hill, MA USA
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Cancer of the colon, rectum and anus, Inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulitis, Laparoscopic colorectal surgery, Minimally invasive surgery, Sphincter preservation surgery, Trans-anal minimally invasive surgery, J pouch creation, Ostomy reversal, Benign anorectal diseases
Awards & Honors
- 2016 Association for Surgical Education, Philip J. Wolfson Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2015 Inducted into Academy of Clerkship Directors
- 2015 Alpha Omega Alpha
- 2015-2016 Best Doctors in America List
- 2014 Kaiser-Permanente Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2013 Surgical Education Research Foundation Fellowship
- 2013, 2014, 2015 Scholarship in Teaching Award from Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine
- 2012 Faculty Teaching Award for Department of Surgery – Case Western Surgery Residency
- 2010 Outstanding Clinical Fellow Award Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Colorectal Surgery
- 2009 Debra J. Graham Teaching Award
- 2009 Administrative Chief General Surgery Resident
- 2008 Michael W.L Guarderer Award for best resident in Pediatric Surgery
- 2007, 2008 Junior Resident Teaching Award Case Western Surgery Residency
- 2004 Donald R. Cooper, MD Award for Excellence in Surgery - Drexel University, College of Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/31/2018, Dr. Lipman has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
87 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
10 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 27, 2018
*Dr. Lipman is a very good surgeon good bedside manners & explained things very well.
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2018
My initial appt. was scheduled with Dr. Rosen. He wanted me seen by Dr. Lipman. Questions are difficult to answer since I was worked in with Dr. Lipman. I appreciate that Dr. Lipman was able to work me in his schedule, but these questions aren't applicable to my situation.
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2018
Not fair to judge wait times when a dr. is working you into his busy schedule. It was a long day, but both Dr. Rosen needed Dr. Lipman to consult on my case, and I'm grateful that I could be worked in to see Dr. Lipman
Reviewed on Sep 6, 2018
Dr. Lipman is an excellent doctor. He's attentive, courteous, kind and extremely professional. I'm blessed to have him as my doctor.
Reviewed on Aug 21, 2018
great experience for an unpleasant test, Dr. Lipman is an amazing Doc! Your lucky to have him on your staff.
Reviewed on Jul 9, 2018
*Dr. Lysman is the best in his field as far as I am concerned.
Reviewed on Jun 28, 2018
I had a very good experience at this hospital. Dr. Lipman and his staff are very accommodating courteous and kind. I feel like they are knowledgeable and skillful.
Reviewed on Apr 26, 2018
I had a video call with Dr Lipman. I'm going to have abdominal surgery very soon, and he's kept in touch with me, and answers all emails.
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2018
Dr. Lipman is a very compassionate, patient and caring man who happens to be also a excellent surgeon that I am so grateful he was mine. Also my stay in the hospital was the same way everyone that I came in contact with was wonderful, caring and very professional I cannot say enough on how great I was treated and cared for by all. Also I called around two thirty and was offered a same day appointment that I so gratefully took. Thank you again to all that I came in contact with at the Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Mar 19, 2018
*Dr. Lipman is wonderful, compassionate, caring.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.