Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Anorectal Fistula Treatment
- Anorectal Surgery
- Artificial Bowel Sphincter
- Cancer Center
- Clinical Trials
- Colon And Rectal Surgical Procedures
- Consultation for Complicated Colon and Rectal Disease
- Contact Radiotherapy
- Continent Ileostomy
- Hemorrhoid Arterial Ligation
- Ileoanal Pouch
- Inherited Colon Cancer Risk Assessment
- J Pouch
- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Laparoscopic J-pouch Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery
- Pelvic Pouch Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
- Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Rectal Ultrasound
- Re-Do Rectal Surgery
- Reoperative Abdominal Surgery
- Reoperative Pelvic Surgery
- Resection of Colon and Rectal Diseases
- Rubber Band Ligation Of Hemorrhoids
- Sphincter Sparing Surgery
- Surgery For Crohn's Disease
- Surgery for Fecal Incontinence
- Surgery for Pilonidal Cyst
- Surgery for Rectal Prolapse
- Surgery for Rectovaginal Fistula
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Anal Abscesses
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistula
- Bowel Incontinence
- Collagenous Colitis
- Colon Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Duodenal Polyps
- Enterocutaneious Fistula
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Female Incontinence
- Functional Disorders
- Genital Warts
- Hereditary Non Polyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Intestinal Ischemic Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Large Intestine Cancer
- Necrotizing Fasciitis
- Pelvic Disorders
- Perianal Ulcer
- Peutz- Jeghers Syndrome
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Proctitis - Care & Treatment
- Rectal Abscess
- Rectal Prolapse
- Rectal Vaginal Fistula
- Small Intestine Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Georgia Colorectal Clinic
Atlanta, GA USA
Residency - Albany Medical Center
Albany, NY USA
Medical Education - State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Syracuse, NY USA
Undergraduate - University of Scranton
Scranton, PA USA
- Board Certified in General and Colorectal Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Awards & Honors
- Honors and Awards:Deans List 1992-1996
- Howard Hughes Research Grant 1994
- Howard Hughes Summer Stipend 1995
- Who's Who of American Universities 1993-1996
- Magna Cum Laude, Graduated with Honors in Biology 1996
- University of Scranton Annual Morris Albert Research Award 2003, 2004, 2005
- Albany Medical Center, Best Paper and Presentation "Outcome of Discharge within 48 hours of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery" ASCRS 2007
- Best Doctors 2011-2016
- Who's Who of Physicians 2011-2016
- America's Top Surgeons 2010-2016
- Cleveland Magazine Best Doctors 2011-2016
- Honorary Professor of Surgery: University of Lima 2012
- Midwest Surgical Association Best Paper Award for best oral presentation. Extraction site incision and incisional hernias after laparoscopic colorectal surgery: Should we be avoiding the midline? Champagne BJ et al
- ASCRS Traveling Fellow Award- HRA vs Expectant Management for AIN 3” Crawshaw B, Champagne BJ et al. ASCRS 2014- Hollywood, Florida, Best Manuscript.
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/16/2019, Dr. Champagne has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
144 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
16 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 1, 2020
very satisfied with all staff and Dr Chamagne
Reviewed on Sep 1, 2020
Dr. Champagne is clearly a professional, and I have the highest respect for him.
Reviewed on Aug 11, 2020
Everything was handled very efficiently and personally. Dr. Champagne was engaged with me individually and I never felt rushed. He took time to explain and lay out next steps. He assisted in setting an appointment with another department for a later date.
Reviewed on Aug 11, 2020
I would definitely recommend Dr. Chaampagne
Reviewed on Jun 16, 2020
good doctor was thoughtful about what game plan was
Reviewed on May 19, 2020
Dr. Bradley Champagne was very caring and helpful me with my problem.
Reviewed on Mar 31, 2020
My appt. had to be completed by phone with Dr. Champagne. It seemed to be as effective as an office visit, because I did not need a physical examination. All my questions were answered well, and I felt assured and satisfied with his follow-up plan for a medication to be ordered to relieve my symptoms.
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2020
The entire team worked together to coordinate great care. *Dr. Champagne's team was excellent.
Reviewed on Mar 3, 2020
always a good experience. Dr and his staff are always very courteous abs respectful. I am happy that I have such a great Dr.
Reviewed on Mar 3, 2020
Dr. Brad and his staff are truly the best! All 4 visits went quickly with lots of friendliness and they always make me few comfortable.
Reviewed on Feb 4, 2020
LOVE Dr. Champagne < 3
Reviewed on Jan 14, 2020
Appointment was on time and Dr. Champagne exceeded my expectations in all ways.
Reviewed on Jan 14, 2020
Dr. Champagne should be the standard for bedside manner. His explanations and care are the best I've received
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2019
The actual appointment with the doctor and the set up for my procedure went very very well
Reviewed on Nov 26, 2019
Dr Champaign was very gentle and caring during my procedure.
Reviewed on Oct 4, 2019
*Dr. Champayne is a rockstar!
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.