Our advanced brain and spine experts are right here in Akron – because every minute counts.
For stroke and other threats to the brain or spine, prompt treatment is critical. Take comfort in knowing that our team of highly skilled doctors, surgeons, neurological intensive-care physicians, nurses and staff is nearby and ready to give you the very best care.
At Cleveland Clinic Akron General's Neuroscience Institute, recovering patients benefit from:
- All the personalized care they need in one location, which includes a dedicated neuro intensive-care unit
- Advanced surgical and diagnostic technology
- Sophisticated techniques and procedures that help patients get back to living active lives quickly
The Neuroscience Institute team is comprised of multidisciplinary physicians skilled in treating and researching complex neurological conditions such as epilepsy surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, brain tumors, spinal surgery, stroke care, traumatic brain injury and many other neurological conditions.
Looking for more information?
Download any of our free treatment guides:
What We Treat
- Acute stroke intervention
- Aneurysm coiling
- Angioplasty and stenting (head & neck)
- Cavernous-carotid fistula embolization
- Complex spinal reconstruction
- Dural AV fistula embolization
- Epilepsy monitoring
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Intra-operative brain mapping
- Microdiscectomy surgery for disc herniations
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Muscular Sclerosis (MS)
- Shunting for Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (NPH)
- Skull-base and cerebrovascular surgery
- Spinal instrumentation
- Spinal reconstruction
- Spinal Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty
- Spine decompression
Find out more about Cleveland Clinic Akron General’s Neuroscience Institute’s Services:
For neurosurgery physician outpatient appointments:
Akron General Neuroscience
762 S. Cleveland-Massillon Rd.
Akron, OH 44333
Cleveland Clinic Akron General
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, OH 44307