Our advanced brain and spine experts are right here in Akron - because every minute counts.
For stroke and other threats to the brain or spine, prompt treatment is critical. Take comfort in knowing that our team of highly skilled doctors, surgeons, neurological intensive-care physicians, nurses and staff is nearby and ready to give you the very best care.
At Cleveland Clinic Akron General's Neuroscience Institute, recovering patients benefit from:
- All the personalized care they need in one location, which includes a dedicated neuro intensive-care unit
- Advanced surgical and diagnostic technology
- Sophisticated techniques and procedures that help patients get back to living active lives quickly
Our patients have access to a full range of specialists including neurologists, neurosurgeons, interventional neuroradiologists and subspecialists from other disciplines.
- Acute stroke intervention
- Aneurysm coiling
- Angioplasty and stenting (head & neck)
- Cavernous-carotid fistula embolization
- Complex spinal reconstruction
- Dural AV fistula embolization
- Epilepsy monitoring
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Intra-operative brain mapping
- Microdiskectomy surgery for disc herniations
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Muscular Sclerosis
- Shunting for hydrocephalus
- Skull-base and cerebrovascular surgery
- Spinal instrumentation
- Spinal reconstruction
- Spinal vertebroplasty
- Spine decompression
Find out more about Cleveland Clinic Akron General’s Neuroscience Institute’s Services:
Akron General is proud to partner with a team of specialists known for years in the community for their compassionate care, but also recognized for their expertise in brain and spine care. This partnership of clinical expertise, along with the technology and care offered at Akron General, makes for a winning combination for patients throughout northeast Ohio.
The Neuroscience Institute team is comprised of multidisciplinary physicians skilled in treating and researching complex neurological conditions such as epilepsy surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, brain tumors, spinal surgery, stroke care, traumatic brain injury and many other neurological conditions. Our specialists include:
For more information about our specialists and services, call 330.665.8315.
Cleveland Clinic Akron General
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, OH 44307