Cleveland Clinic Akron General’s Valve Disease Center provides patients with a comprehensive treatment approach that involves the care of experts in various diseases and conditions.
What makes Cleveland Clinic Akron General’s heart valve services unique?
- Our surgeons achieve better than expected results for all types of valve surgery, including reoperations and complex disease.
- We provide a comprehensive approach to care that includes:
- Monitoring and medical management.
- A variety of surgical procedures to meet your needs – minimally invasive, robot-assisted and traditional approaches.
- Percutaneous valve treatments, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), for patients who are extremely high-risk for surgery.
- Experienced care for younger patients and athletes who need to make lifelong treatment decisions.
- Our medical teams are dedicated to research and innovations to offer patients the latest advances in treatment.
- Our care is focused on YOU. We work with you to meet your goals and get you back to a healthy and active life!
We care for patients with:
- Mitral valve disease
- Aortic valve disease, including bicuspid aortic valve disease
- Aortic valve disease that includes the aortic root or aorta
- Tricuspid valve disease
- Pulmonic valve disease
- Complex valve disease affecting more than one valve or who need combined treatment for other medical conditions
- Valve disease and atrial fibrillation
- Need for reoperation for valve disease
- Valve disease related to prior chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Infective Endocarditis
- Valve disease that other doctors have deemed untreatable
Heart specialists at Akron General also specialize in the treatment of:
- Young patients with valve disease
- Elderly patients with valve disease
- Athletes with valve disease
Treatment plans are designed based on the patient’s individual needs. Our treatments include:
- Mitral valve repair and replacement
- Aortic valve repair and replacement (SAVR/TAVR)
- Tricuspid valve repair and replacement
- Pulmonic valve repair and replacement
- Minimally invasive heart valve surgery
- Robotically assisted mitral valve surgery
- Heart surgery that involves the aortic valve and aorta
- Combined heart surgeries for valve and atrial fibrillation as well as complex conditions
- Interventional options with transcatheter valve procedures for aortic valves
- Programs for long-term monitoring of valve disease
Cleveland Clinic Akron General’s Valve Center offers a multi-disciplinary team of specialists in cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, specialized imaging, anesthesia and pathology.
Cardiovascular Medicine - Medical
Diagnoses valve disease and cares for patients over time; sees patients for scheduled office visits, monitoring and medical management.
- Adeeb Al-Quthami, MD
- David Cutler, MD
- Sachin Gandhi, MD
- Anubhav Garg, MD
- David Hedrick, MD
- Vinayak Hegde, MD
- Indiresha R. Iyer, MD
- Kamalesh Karthikeyan, MD
- Zenab Laiq, MD
- Fernando Munoz, MD
- Yassar Nabeel, MD
- Vinay Pai, MD
- Robert Schweikert, MD
- Khaled Sleik, MD
- Sergey Vitebskiy, MD
Cardiovascular Medicine - Interventional
Performs transcatheter valve procedures.
Specialized Cardiac Imaging
To make an appointment with one of our heart specialists, please call 330.344.7400 or for a consultation with cardiothoracic surgeon, call 330.344.1400.