Cleveland Clinic Akron General's endocrinologists are specially trained to recognize and treat conditions and diseases affecting the body’s glands. The endocrine system is a complex system of glands, which are organs that make hormones. Hormones control reproduction, metabolism, growth and development, and also help provide the proper amount of energy and nutrition your body needs to function. The endocrine glands include the thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, ovaries, testes, adrenal, pituitary and hypothalamus.
Our board-certified endocrinologists will work closely with you and your primary care physician on diagnosing and treating endocrine disorders, which could include:
- Adrenal gland disorders.
- Diabetes and other metabolic disorders.
- High cholesterol (caused by hormonal or metabolic conditions).
- Hypertension (caused by metabolic conditions).
- Osteoporosis and other bone disorders.
- Parathyroid gland disorders.
- Pituitary gland disorders.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Thyroid gland disorders, including hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, thyroid nodules, thyroid goiters and thyroid cancer.
Patients are usually referred to an endocrinologist by their primary care physician. Our board-certified endocrinologists see patients in Akron and Green:
Physician Office Building
224 W. Exchange St.
Akron, Ohio 44302
Health & Wellness Center, Green
1946 Town Park Blvd.
Uniontown, Ohio 44685