Cleveland Clinic Center for Behavioral Health offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient mental health and chemical dependency programs at numerous locations throughout Northeast Ohio.
Our team of experts includes psychiatrists, therapists, nurses and other clinicians who are specially trained to help children, adolescents, adults and older adults manage their complex mental health issues, along with other providers who specialize in treating those suffering from chemical dependency.
Cleveland Clinic is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
What We Treat
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Services
- Chronic Illness and Depression
- Delusional Disorder
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Depersonalization Disorder
- Depression in Children
- Dissociative Amnesia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Drug Abuse
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
- Persistent Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorders Overview
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizophreniform Disorder
- Seasonal Depression
- Self Injury
- Sexual Problems and Depression
- Women's Issues
Appointments & Locations
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Center for Behavioral Health specialist, please call 216.636.5860 or toll free at 866.588.2264.
For Intake Admissions, please call 216.363.2122.
Whether you're a new or existing patient, you can get an initial evaluation or follow-up care from a behavioral health specialist using your phone, tablet or computer. This means there's no travel or parking, less waiting and significant time savings. Call 216.636.5860 to schedule a virtual visit for you or a loved one and get details on cost and set-up instructions.
Cleveland Clinic Appointment Reminders Now Available Via Text
Want to get a reminder about your next appointment via text? Now you can. Patients can enroll to receive a text message reminder the day before their appointment.
Here's what you need to know:
- Enroll by simply texting "4clinictext" to 622622.
- Your cell phone number must be registered with a Cleveland Clinic Appointment Representative. To confirm, please call 216.444.2273.
- Patients can opt in or out at any time.
- You must be 18 years or older to receive the text reminder
Hispanic Behavioral Health Services
Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Behavioral Health provides comprehensive mental health services to Hispanic and Latino individuals and their families. This program located on Cleveland Clinic’s main campus offers psychiatric evaluation, psychotherapy, psychosocial interventions, family education and pharmacotherapy to patients 18 years of age and older.
MyChart connects you to your health care team from the comfort and safety of home. With this secure, online tool you can manage your appointments and complete pre-visit tasks, communicate with your providers, and keep track of your test results and medications.
Suffering from Depression?
Register for our Clinical Trial for Adults Aged 18-60
Volunteers will receive:
- MRI Imaging
- Treatment with a single mood stabilizer
- Psychiatric office visits
Volunteers must have:
- Bipolar disorder (currently depressed)
- Not on any psychotropic medication within the last 2 weeks, no lithium treatment within the last 6 months
- No current substance dependence within the last one year
- No serious medical or neurological illness
- No metallic implants
Volunteers will be compensated for their time and travel. Healthy volunteers also needed. For more information, please contact 216.445.2378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Medical Professionals
Refer a Patient
The Center for Behavioral Health offers direct referral lines to ease the process of admitting a patient or referring for an outpatient consult.
To request a direct admission for an adult patient please call the Lutheran Hospital intake line at 216.363.2122.
For outpatient consults:
- Please call 216.445.8455. An intake coordinator will handle your call directly. If you are unable to reach an intake coordinator, please leave a message and they will return your call within the work day (if left before 1 p.m. ET) or the next work day (if left after 1 p.m. ET).
- To refer a patient to the Neurological Institute via fax, please download and complete our physician referral form and fax to 216.636.2596.
Stay connected to patients you refer to Cleveland Clinic through online updates and electronic medical records.
View a list of our Neurological Institute's publications including, Psychiatry Insights. Insights is a publication from our Center for Behavioral Health that highlights advances in critical care and research for psychiatrists and psychologists.
Find information on our current fellowship programs offered through our Department of Psychiatry and Psychology.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship
- Mood Disorders Clinical Neuroscience Fellowship
- Learn about other fellowships in the Neurological Institute
Find information on our current residency programs offered through our Department of Psychiatry and Psychology.