Cleveland Clinic Center for Behavioral Health offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient mental health and chemical dependency programs at numerous locations throughout Northeast Ohio.
Our team of experts includes psychiatrists, therapists, nurses and other clinicians who are specially trained to help children, adolescents, adults and older adults manage their complex mental health issues, along with other providers who specialize in treating those suffering from chemical dependency.
Cleveland Clinic is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
What We Treat
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Services
- Chronic Illness and Depression
- Delusional Disorder
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Depersonalization Disorder
- Depression in Children
- Dissociative Amnesia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Drug Abuse
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
- Persistent Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorders Overview
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizophreniform Disorder
- Seasonal Depression
- Self Injury
- Sexual Problems and Depression
- Women's Issues
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment in the Center for Behavioral Health, please call 216.636.5860 or toll free at 866.588.2264. Please have your insurance information available.
For Intake Admissions, please call 216.363.2122
For Outpatient Clinics, please call 216.636.5860
Cleveland Clinic Appointment Reminders Now Available Via Text
Want to get a reminder about your next appointment via text? Now you can. Patients can enroll to receive a text message reminder the day before their appointment.
Here's what you need to know:
- Enroll by simply texting "4clinictext" to 622622.
- Your cell phone number must be registered with a Cleveland Clinic Appointment Representative. To confirm, please call 216.444.2273.
- Patients can opt in or out at any time.
- You must be 18 years or older to receive the text reminder
Hispanic Behavioral Health Services
Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Behavioral Health provides comprehensive mental health services to Hispanic and Latino individuals and their families. This program located on Cleveland Clinic’s main campus offers psychiatric evaluation, psychotherapy, psychosocial interventions, family education and pharmacotherapy to patients 18 years of age and older.
Refer a Patient
Physicians requesting direct admissions for an adult patient, please call Lutheran Hospital's intake line at 216.363.2122.
DrConnect: Online Tool for Referring Physicians
DrConnect is a complimentary online tool for referring physicians that offers secure access to their patients' treatment progress at Cleveland Clinic.
View portions of your medical record, see test results, renew prescriptions, request appointments and more.
The Center for Behavioral Health offers a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient mental health programs as well as chemical dependency programs in Cleveland Clinic health system locations in your community. View a complete list of locations and services.
Suffering from Depression?
Register for our Clinical Trial for Adults Aged 18-60
Volunteers will receive:
- MRI Imaging
- Treatment with a single mood stabilizer
- Psychiatric office visits
Volunteers must have:
- Bipolar disorder (currently depressed)
- Not on any psychotropic medication within the last 2 weeks, no lithium treatment within the last 6 months
- No current substance dependence within the last one year
- No serious medical or neurological illness
- No metallic implants
Volunteers will be compensated for their time and travel. Healthy volunteers also needed. For more information, please contact 216.445.2378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Medical Professionals
Cleveland Clinic understands the importance of the bond between a referring physician and his patient. If your patient is referred to the Clinic for care, it is our promise that each step of treatment will be communicated to you and the patient will be returned to your care just as soon as is appropriate. Providing the best possible care for all patients is our first priority. We strive to ensure prompt management of all patients and timely responses to our referring physician and health care professional colleagues.
Physicians requesting direct admissions for an adult patient please contact Lutheran Hospital's intake line at 216.363.2122.
To Refer an adult or pediatric patient for Psychiatry and Psychology treatment, evaluations and second opinions please contact 216.636.5860 or toll free at 866.588.2264.
- You can also review our Staff Directory for a full list of our physicians from the Neurological Institute and contact them directly.
Find resources for referring physicians, including physician consults, transfers and a liaison service.
Stay connected to patients you refer to Cleveland Clinic through online updates and electronic medical records.
View a list of our Neurological Institute's publications including, Psychiatry Insights. Insights is a publication from our Center for Behavioral Health that highlights advances in critical care and research for psychiatrists and psychologists.
Find information on our current fellowship programs offered through our Department of Psychiatry and Psychology.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship
- Mood Disorders Clinical Neuroscience Fellowship
- Learn about other fellowships in the Neurological Institute
Find information on our current residency programs offered through our Department of Psychiatry and Psychology.