Discover a comprehensive, tailored approach to exercise that reaches beyond the gimmicks and cookie-cutter workout programs. Whether you are training for a marathon, just starting a fitness regimen or coping with a chronic illness, you will learn to make the most of your exercise time. We will tailor recommendations to suit your needs, i.e. - Gym workouts, home workouts, travel workouts, sports performance.
Our exercise physiology service will take you beyond the traditional fitness assessment.by using the most up-to-date technology testing and evidence based research to measure your current fitness create a personalized plan for improved health and performance.. We provide services tailored for each stage of life, from amateur or professional athletes to those afflicted with age or disease-related barriers and limitations. You’ll emerge energized, educated and focused to achieve your fitness and movement goals.
How We Can Help
- Executive Health program
- Lifestyle Management program
- Individual counseling session
Participants in the Executive Health and Lifestyle Management Programs will receive an exercise consultation as part of their integrated health prevention evaluation. If you’re interested in private counseling at Cleveland Clinic Canada, our team can assess your individual needs and provide one-on-one counseling.
Individual Counseling Sessions
The counseling session includes:
- Comparative measures of the body, including height, weight, waist circumference and body composition identify potential risks as they relate to medical standards
- Cardiovascular measures, including resting heart rate and blood pressure and exercise heart rate and blood pressure (submaximal/maximal), and a 1-minute heart rate recovery index
- Flexibility measures using digital technology that focuses on range of motion and degree of movement
- Strength, power and endurance measures using dynamometers, specialized equipment that calculates the force behind your muscles.
- Specialized testing as medically necessary, including pulmonary function (FEV1, FVC)
Optional or Added Tests (if required)
VO2 MAX METABOLIC STRESS TESTING
The metabolic stress test is driven by innovative technology that uses a breath-by-breath gas analysis to gauge precisely how your metabolism is functioning during all stages of exercise.
The test is performed on a bike or treadmill and includes a 60-minute consultation with an exercise physiologist. At the conclusion, you will receive a detailed report and recommendations to achieve peak physical performance.
Ideal for Individuals Seeking to Address
- Starting a new exercise program
- Modifying my current exercise program due to injury, illness or changing goals
- Trying to lose weight
- Trying to gain weight
- Working to optimize my current fitness program or improve my athletic performance
- Afflicted with complex or multiple clinical barriers to performing exercise
- Currently active although I would like a consultation to assess my progress and discuss my fitness goals
- Exercise for diabetes management
- Osteoporosis and bone health
- Pre- and post-natal exercise
- Recovery and post-rehabilitation from cancer treatment
- Sport-specific conditioning
- Creation of a detailed analysis and custom physical activity plan to enhance your overall health
- Enhanced overall physical performance, increased flexibility and improved cardio output
- Evidence-based fitness assessment and physical activity plans are created by degreed, certified exercise physiologists
- Our plans are uniquely designed to evaluate your cardiovascular endurance and musculoskeletal health
- You will work with your exercise physiologist to discuss how the results relate to your health and your performance goals
- The exercise physiologist will create a specific fitness plan to align with your personal goals and activity level
Exercise physiology services are not covered by OHIP, though may be partially covered by extended health insurance plans. The coverage for each carrier is different; please check your plan to see what coverage is available for this type of service.