Become a mover and shaker. Cleveland Clinic Canada addresses the needs of Canadians with conditions affecting movement or mobility and understands the importance of restoring quality of life.
We offer an array of services designed to treat a multitude of simple and complex conditions resulting from:
- Foot disorders
- Joint injuries
- Muscular imbalances
- Neck and back pain
- Sports injuries
- Dance injuries
- Surgical rehabilitation
Canadians limited by movement or mobility impairments resulting from injury, trauma, athletics or age-related deconditioning.
- Helps to restore your day-to-day activities
- Individual treatment and therapy plans are based on your goals and resources
- We treat a broad range of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal, circulatory, respiratory, and nervous systems.
- Program is in collaboration with a Sports Health physician
- Specialists in the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis & Treatment
- Innovative treatment options promote soft-tissue healing and isolate muscular imbalances or atrophy
Physiotherapy services are not covered by provincial health plans, though may be partially covered by extended health insurance plans. The coverage for each carrier is different; please check your plan to see what coverage is available for this type of service.
Our physiotherapists engage you to become an active participant in your recovery plan. We also work closely with you to improve your ability to move as you recover from illness, disease, injury or long periods of inactivity.
Depending on your needs, treatment techniques may include:
- Various manual therapy techniques including joint mobilization, soft tissue massage and range-of-motion work.
- Bracing supports are available to treat a wide range of musculoskeletal disorders such as ligament tears and osteoarthritis. After a thorough evaluation and diagnosis, our specialists will create a customized brace that will improve mobility and minimize symptoms.
- Foot Orthotics
- Orthotics may be prescribed to treat a variety of immobilizing and biomechanical foot disorders. Our foot specialists will review your condition, recommend an appropriate orthotic and prepare a customized mold. Once in place, you will enjoy greater freedom of movement, increased mobility, improved joint stability and a decrease in associated chronic pain.
- Programming to improve mobility, flexibility and muscle strength, while decreasing stress on the joints
- Stretching exercises
- Education on injury prevention
- Use of the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis & Treatment for the treatment of low back and neck pain
- Procedures such as ultrasound and interferential current therapy, which uses electrodes to stimulate soft-tissue healing
- Neuromuscular re-education using electrical stimulation for the treatment of muscle imbalances or atrophy During the initial assessment, a customized program plan will be developed. You will then have the choice to work with our physiotherapists to implement the plan.
Sports Medicine Physician