Cleveland Clinic Canada’s Sports Health service is designed to help you perform at your best. With that in mind, our comprehensive programs are organized to meet the medical, nutritional and fitness needs of recreational and professional athletes as well as individuals who experience muscle and joint pain.
We offer our patients the convenience of on-site imaging at our downtown Toronto location.
Our multidisciplinary team includes:
- Sports medicine physicians (OHIP)
- Orthopaedic surgeons (OHIP)
- Sports/Orthopaedic physiotherapists
- Registered massage therapists
- Exercise physiologists
- Registered sports dietitians
- Recreational and professional athletes
- Individuals who experience joint pain
- Individuals who are suffering from an injury
- Individuals looking to improve their physical performance
How We Can Help
Our sports medicine clinicians and orthopaedic surgeons provide a thorough clinical assessment of your musculoskeletal concerns. Consultations include a personalized treatment plan and if required, specialized diagnostic testing and imaging and/or additional treatment from our rehabilitation providers. Our rehabilitation team uses an array of evidence-based, non-surgical treatments to address current issues and provides education to prevent future injury. Personalized plans including diagnostics such as V02 max tests and running assessments, can be created for recreational and professional athletes who want to improve their flexibility, agility, strength and performance. Most treatments are managed without surgery, though we will arrange an urgent referral if surgical intervention is medically necessary.
Our team can help the following
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Chronic pain
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains
- Herniated discs
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Athletic knee injuries
- Customized training plans for athletes with specific limitations (heart disease, asthma, etc)
- And much more
Physician consultations and imaging are covered by OHIP. Additional rehabilitation and wellness services such as physiotherapy, exercise physiology, chiropractic, massage therapy, osteopathy and nutrition are not covered by provincial health plans but may be partially or fully covered by extended health insurance plans.
The coverage for each carrier is different; please check your plan to see what coverage is available for this type of service.