Number of Students
Carl Martino, MD
Chairman, Assistant Professor of Radiology
1 Akron General Ave
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Carl Martino, MD — Chairman, Assistant Professor of Radiology
To expand student knowledge regarding:
- Radiologic diagnostic procedures
- Anatomy and physiology of different organ systems and age groups
- Pathology as shown by diagnostic radiology in different organ systems and age groups
- Basic knowledge of diagnostic radiology
- Ability to select radiologic procedures most appropriate in the solution of patient problems
In an effort to tailor the elective to individual student desires, a conference between the student and the elective director should take place approximately one month prior to the elective. Unless tailored by the student and director, each elective will follow the guide-lines as listed below:
- Become familiar with equipment and performance of radiographic examinations from the viewpoint of patients, referring physicians and the radiologist.
- Discuss and participate with radiology faculty in interpretation of examinations of the skeletal system, the chest and cardiovascular systems, the gastrointestinal and genitourinary tract.
- Designate a period of time to special procedures include angiography, sonography, CT scanning, MR imaging, nuclear radiology and interventional procedures.
- Assume increasing responsibility in complicated case reviews.
- Attend intradepartmental and interdepartmental conferences.
- Evaluation will include ongoing discussion and critiques between the student and participating radiology faculty during the elective. The director will submit the NEOUCOM standard form (appropriately amended) at the conclusion of the elective.
- Attendance is expected during usual working hours.
Night Call/Special Requirements