Number of Students
Chief of Service
James Gebel, MD
Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Raed Azzam, MD — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- William Freiberg, MD
- James Gebel, MD — Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
- Ahmed Itrat, MD
- Richard Gandee, MD
- William Novak, MD
- To expose the student to the neurologic patient in both inpatient and outpatient settings and gain necessary skills to assess via the history and physical examination
- Participate in daily teaching rounds with the attending and house staff, and will become familiar with arteriography, computerized tomography and MRI.
- Become proficient in the performance of the neurological examination in order to assess the acuity and prognosis of the clinical problem, and formulate a rational plan of investigation and management in conjunction with the teaching team.
- The student will attend daily noon didactic lectures, with work rounds taking place in the afternoon.
Night Call/Special Requirements