Number of Students
Chief of Service
Tom Tanphaichitr, MD
Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Darryl Anderson, MD — Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Preti Chaturvedi, MD — Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
- Thomas Kayani, MD — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Vinh Nguyen, MD
- Rupesh Raina, MD — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Tom Tanphaichitr (Tan), MD — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Miriam Zidehsarai, DO — Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Xander Buenafe, MD
- Jayaprakash Dasari, MD
- Datinder Deo, MD
- Harkanwal Dhillon, MD
- Mansumeet Singh, MD
- Yuliya Sharakova, MD
- To learn the basic principles of evaluation and management of renal clinical syndromes.
- To learn the approaches to evaluation and management of hypertension.
- To learn to recognize, evaluate and manage acid-base and fluid-electrolyte disorders.
- The student will work up at least two patients (admissions and or consultation) per week, and present for discussion of clinical assessment and plan of management.
- The student will make daily patient rounds with the attending nephrologist and residents.
- The student will under supervision, perform procedures.
- The student will participate in discussions of selected cases and subjects, and give a 15 - 30 minute presentation on a subject of his/her choice.
- Appropriate literature references will be given to augment the student’s clinical experience.
- The student will attend daily noon didactic lectures, with work rounds taking place in the afternoon.
Night Call/Special Requirements