Number of Students
Chief of Service
Michael Morocco, MD
444 N. Main Street, #306
Akron, Ohio 44310
- Daniela Ciltea, MD — Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
- Nicole Dombroski, DO — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Toni King, MD — Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Michael Morroco, MD
- To introduce students to endocrine and metabolic disorders, including:
- Detail history and physical exam pertinent to endocrine patients
- Formulation of a differentiated diagnosis
- Short and long-term treatment options
- To understand physiology of endocrine glands and pathophysiology of endocrine disorders.
- To introduce students to self-care diabetic programs.
- The student will participate in morning rounds with attending endocrinologist, with bedside review of endocrine issues pertinent to each patient.
- The student will participate in daily conference with attending endocrinologist to review one patient or one particular subject in detail.
- The student will see one new hospital consult every day and present to the attending endocrinologist the same day or next morning.
- The student will work in an office setting with endocrinologists to see outpatients, new and follow-up private patients.
- The student will see new hospital consults with attending endocrinologist.
- The student will attend endocrine conference twice a month. The student will attend daily noon didactic lectures, with work rounds taking place in the afternoon.
Night Call/Special Requirements