Number of Students
Gregory A Vrabec, MD
Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Program Director Orthopaedic Surgery
Cleveland Clinic Akron General
224 W. Exchange Street, Suite 430
Akron OH 44307
- Gregory A. Vrabec, MD
- Thomas Thompson, MD
- John L Pinkowski, MD
- Steven B Lippitt, MD
- Michael J Smith, MD
- Paul A Steurer, MD
- Michele L Hatherill MD
- Anthony T Kantaras, MD
- Jordan P Grossman, DPM, FACFAS
- Amy E Tucker, MD
- Nicholas Dinicola, MD
- William Kurtz, MD
- William D Lanzinger, MD
- Ryan M Gasser,MD
- Ali Bagheri, MD
- To understand the basic structure and function of the musculoskeletal system.
- To gain an understanding of the specialty of orthopaedic surgery.
- To acquire a basic understanding of the information gathering process of the detailed history and physical exam with attention to fracture classifications, read and interpret x-rays.
- To understand how to manage inpatient care including appropriate recovery times, principles of follow-up care, and possible complications.
- To work with other healthcare professionals from various disciplines in learning how to provide excellent patient-focused care.
- Gain skill in history and physical examination of the musculoskeletal system.
- Assist in orthopaedic procedures.
- Participate in ward rounds with orthopaedic residents and teaching faculty.
- Attend orthopaedic didactic lectures.
- Provide an end of rotation oral presentation on an Orthopaedic Surgery topic.
- Participate in a reading program under supervision.
- Gain an understanding of orthopaedic trauma in the Emergency Department.
- Attend office with orthopaedic faculty and house staff clinic with faculty and residents.
Night Call/Special Requirements
- As part of the orthopaedic resident team.