Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Summa Health and Akron Children's Hospital
- 3 weeks at both adult institutions.
- 1 week at Akron Children's Hospital.
- Number of Students — 3 per month.
Director(s)/ Responsible Faculty
Neel Parekh, MD
Program Director, Department of Urology, Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Assistant Professor of Urology, Center for Male Fertility
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic
320 West Exchange Street
Akron, OH 44302
Those interested in rotating should apply using VSAS.
To provide the student who has a serious interest in urology as a career with exposure to the breadth and scope of this discipline. This is not a general elective offered to students whose interests lie outside the surgical field.
- Increase the student's understanding of the scope of urology.
- Initiate the student into reading about specific urologic diseases and problems.
- To achieve a deeper understanding of the anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of urology disease.
- One day per week spent in resident clinic.
- One day spent in clinic with either Department Chairman.
- Neel Parekh, MD – Cleveland Clinic Akron General.
- Kevin Spear, MD – Summa Health.
- Student will be required to present to the Urology Department at the end of the month during Wednesday conference.
- Student MUST discuss topic and review presentation parameters with chief resident(s) Surgery.
- Student will spend non-clinic days in surgery.
- Student will work directly with first-call resident on consults and OR cases as necessary.
- With chief resident permission, student can move between institutions to view/participate in interesting cases.