Number of Students
Chief of Service
Gary Bollin, MD
Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Gary Bollin, MD — Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Anurag Duggal, MD — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Donald Dumford, MD — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Rajiv Sahni, MD — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- David Watkins, MD — Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine
- Richard Watkins, MD — Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
- To provide student with exposure to and participation in the diagnostics and management of patients with infectious diseases in a hospital setting.
- To maximize the ability of student to interpret Gram stains and other lab data in the diagnosis of infectious diseases.
- To review the principles of antimicrobial therapy.
- With patient consultation as the major setting, the elective will include instruction in all aspects of infectious disease, including human-microbial pathophysiology, antibiotic use and abuse, and the proper use of the microbiology laboratory.
- Heavy emphasis will be placed on the history, physical examination and interpretation of gram-stained smears in the evaluation of patients.
- The student will make daily rounds with the Infectious Disease service and will be assigned selected consults to work up, present and follow.
- The student will participate in any conferences held by the Infectious Disease service.
- Typical daily schedule: 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Friday; Saturday & Sunday - None
Night Call/Special Requirements