Number of Students
Director(s) and Teaching Faculty
Andrew Fenton, MD, FACS
Executive Medical Director, McDowell Cancer Center
Professor of Surgery, NEOMED
Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, NEOMED
Mary K. Murray, MD, FACS
Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery NEOMED
1 Akron General Ave
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Participate in the surgical management of breast disease, specifically sentinel lymph node mapping and biopsy, axillary dissection, intraoperative ultrasound, needle localization and mastectomy with reconstruction, nipple sparing mastectomies, oncoplastic breast surgery techniques, intraoperative ultrasound guided needle localizations.
- Participate in the outpatient setting to learn how to apply risk stratification models to the therapeutic decision making process.
- Review genetics as it relates to breast disease.
- Learn about the decision making process for adjuvant and neoadjuvant treatment of breast cancer.
- Participate in breast cancer research, clinical or bench. (OPTIONAL)
Night Call/Special Requirements