Number of Students
Natalie Bowersox, MD
Program Director, Obstetrics/Gynecology
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Jennifer Savitski, MD — Vice Chair Program Director, Clinical Assistant Professor of Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Trina Pagano, MD — Director of OB/ER Triage
- Mark Davis, MD — Director of Obstetrics
- Philip Smelcer, MD — Director of Gynecology
- Melissa Kirven, MD — M3 Core Clerkship Director
- Barry Fish, MD — Director of Women's Health Clinic
- To enable the student to appreciate both the intellectual and technical challenges of Obstetrics/Gynecology.
- To prepare the student interested in the specialty to function more effectively in an Obstetrics/Gynecology residency.
- Function in the role of intern.
- Attend Obstetrics/Gynecology conferences.
- Assist with deliveries and surgeries.
- Assist with other interesting surgeries as assigned.
- Prepare a brief literature review pertaining to a common clinical problem for presentation at morning conference.
- Assist in performing obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound.
- Assist in the teaching of M3 clerks.
Night Call/Special Requirements
- One week night float.
- The maximum number of days approved for time off is 2 days during rotation. If additional time is needed, the request must be approved by the elective Director PRIOR to the start of the elective rotation.